Play equipment on a public park in Brigg has now been relocated.
The outdoor table tennis table has been shifted across the Davy Memorial Playing Field.
The equipment was funded by Brigg Town Council after local youngsters requested a table to use for friendly games.
However, as the original site was on the other side of the field near residential Kings Avenue, it was decided to move the table elsewhere.
Noise certainly won't be an issue now as the table is near the very busy A1084 Bigby Road and also the railway line used by freight and passenger trains.
Brigg Blog suggests the steep grass bank nearby might result in a net gain for table tennis players by offering a natural windbreak if a breeze is blowing in a certain direction.
The height of the bank can be gauged from the fact that only the top of the signal box adjoining the level crossing is visible from the table tennis table.
Also pictured here is the metal plaque affixed to a stone which explains how this popular play area came about. It resulted from a very generous act, and local kids have enjoyed the benefits for decades.
It strikes us that many youngsters today, and older folk who have moved to live in Brigg from elsewhere, may be unaware how the Davy field got its name.
The plaque says The Ann Davy Memorial Recreation Ground was purchased by Brigg Urban District Council (forerunner of the Town Council) "and is maintained by rents from property given by the late Alderman Joshau Davy in memory of his beloved wife."
Alderman Davy was a prominent member of Brigg UDC, and in the 1950s a new street on the Springbank housing estate was named Davy Crescent.
He clearly thought a lot about other people. Coun Davy (not yet an Alderman) successfully tabled a motion in 1900 to the Brigg Workhouse guardians to allow talking at meal times by those living in the building on the corner between Wrawby Street and Wrawby Road. Until then, residents had needed to remain quiet while seated at their tables.
Workhouses like Brigg's resulted from the Poor Law Amendment Act 1834.