Six pending Brigg planning or listed building applications will be considered by councillors during a meeting this week, including a scheme to create new dwellings and apartments on a site near the A18.
Brigg Town Council's Planning & Environment Committee will be discussing these proposals on Tuesday (February 23) and making its views known to the North Lincolnshire authority which will make final decisions in each case.
The applications are seeking:
- Planning permission to erect 2 dwellings, 2 two-storey apartments with new undercroft access, landscape parking; single-storey extension to retail shop with store and amended loading bay; demolition of redundant and abandoned yard building - 15 Bridge Street (Dean Wray Carpets & Vinyls).
- Planning permission to convert existing garage into living accommodation - Kei Vi Lyn, Grammar School Road.
- Planning permission to install a new disabled access to existing doors, including new ramp and steps - Upper School, Sir John Nelthorpe School, Grammar School Road.
- Listed building consent to install a new disabled access to existing doors, including new ramp and steps. Upper School, Sir John Nelthorpe School, Grammar School Road. This building is grade one listed.
- Vary condition of planning permission granted in 2019 to marginally increase the footprint of the extension, amend the roof to a hip design and to adjoin the existing roof line, and to revise the external window and door arrangements to all elevations - Abbey Village Care Home, Wrawby Street.
- Planning permission to install a dropped kerb - land adjacent to 26-27 Bigby Road.
Tuesday night's meeting will be held online, using the Zoom platform, starting at 6.45pm. Deputy Mayor Coun Brian Parker chairs Brigg's Planning & Environment Committee.
PICTURED: An artist's impression showing proposed changes at the front of Sir John Nelthorpe Upper School on Grammar School Road (image credit - North Lincolnshire Council), the Dean Wray Carpets & Vinyls premises on Bridge Street and Abbey Village Care Home off Wrawby Street.