Friday, November 22, 2019

VE NIGHT CELEBRATIONS TO BE HELD IN BRIGG AT A VERY APT VENUE


Here's an update following our post about how Brigg is going to celebrate the 75th anniversary of VE Day.
We suggested ways in which Victory in Europe might be marked in spring 2020 and have since been informed that Brigg and District Servicemen's Club will be hosting a VE Night on Friday, May 8 - with a swing band providing the music.
We are told that club president Debbie Lewis-Bird and the committee are in the process of organising this event, which is bound to prove popular.
Brigg Town Council has the end of World War Two in Europe listed as an agenda item to be discussed at a future meeting - a suggestion made by Coun Jane Kitching.
We are still waiting to hear whether the defeat of Japan in August 1945, which actually brought the war to an end, will be commemorated in Brigg.
Some years ago, former Brigg resident Cliff Turner - now living in New Zealand - shared extensive personal memories of VE Day with us.
Use this link to read what it meant to Cliff...
In May 2011, Brigg Amateur Social Historians (BASH) held a 1940s night VE Day event at the Servicemen's Club, with suitable music.
Get 'In the Mood' by clicking here to re-live the highlights...

PICTURED: VE Night celebrations at Brigg Servicemen's Club in May 2011, hosted by BASH - image received from Phil Allen.

1 comment:

emilynia said...

few days ago, so i emailed Dr BEN about my bad relationship condition, how my lover left me, how he was with another girl, so dr ben told me it would take 2days to get my boyfriend back, i waited for 2 days, unbelievable my boyfriend came to my house asking me if we could try things out again. He broke up with the other girl and we rekindled and got back together, he now show me care and attention. was my last hope, my last chance after all the spell casters I tried before, dr ben kept his promise! he is the greatest spell caster on the internet, His email is;[drbenspellcaster@gmail.com] thanks..