Wednesday, July 20, 2016

BRIGG SHADES IT IN TERMS OF PRETTY TREES

Lovely mature trees adding a touch of greenery to the Brigg street scene - picture on Nigel Fisher's Brigg Blog

The hot weather seen Brigg people searching for a bit of welcome shade. 
These mature trees outside Brigg Cemetery begin the sweeping avenue of various species stretching right down Wrawby Road - on both sides.
There's another wonderful tree-lined approach to the town down Cadney Road.
Outside the entrance to Brigg Cemetery the horse chestnut trees are renowned. Will this be a good year for conkers?


Trees near the entrance to Brigg Cemetery  - picture on Nigel Fisher's Brigg Blog

1 comment:

Ken Harrison said...

I've still got me sixer soaking in vinegar.
I last used it in 1971....the string's gone rotten and the iron-hard conker needs re-lacing with one of me laces from me gardening boots.
Anyway, haven't seen a game of conkers for years....it's all in the wrist action and a good eye, Nige...