Friday, April 05, 2019

BRIGG RAILWAY STATION PASSENGER TRAINS PROVING INCREASINGLY POPULAR

Passengers getting of and off a Cleethorpes to Sheffield passenger train at Brigg railway station in 2019

The Saturdays-only passenger train service through Brigg continues to enjoy growing popularity with the travelling public.
Local man Phil Hewson, who monitors passenger numbers, says last Saturday (March 30) proved to be a bumper day with "the largest day's figures for some time."
Seventh-seven people got on or off.
From Brigg railway station, five of the six trains left "well loaded" and Phil says things are looking up for the local service.
You can catch a train on Saturdays from Brigg to Grimsby and Cleethorpes, or head in the other direction to Retford or Sheffield.
With better and warmer weather ahead, we expect a day at the seaside to appeal to many Brigg people, particularly families with young children.
In mid-February (see picture above) we reported that the iconic Brigg had welcomed its first passenger trains since summer 2018.
They were withdrawn during a long-running dispute between the RMT union and the Northern company about on-board guards/conductors. However, February saw the union suspend industrial action.
Please help to spread the word that trains are running again from Brigg station; share the the fact with family and friends.

We are making this a Friday post in the hope that more folk will be inspired to board one of the trains leaving Brigg tomorrow (Saturday, April 6). The first train of the day to Grimsby and Cleethorpes leaves our station at 9.23am. Return trains to Brigg leave Cleethorpes at 3.11pm and 7.17pm.
The Brigg line can also be used by people from North East Lincolnshire, West Lindsey, South Yorkshire and Nottinghamshire to come to our town on Saturdays for a look round, shopping and refreshments.

CURRENT TICKET PRICES
Brigg to Cleethorpes £10.20 return / £5.10 single
Brigg to Grimsby £9.80 / £4.90
Brigg to Retford £9.70 / £4.85
Brigg to Worksop £9.90 / £4.95
Brigg to Doncaster £12.40 / £6.20
Brigg to Barnsley £12.30 / £6.10
Brigg to Newark £12.40 / £6.20

Board the train at Brigg station and then pay the guard/conductor.



4 comments:

smiler said...

from may the "brigg line" will see a daily service although terminating at gainsbrough central just needs a couple of trains each day to connect with trains at barnetby.

The Independent Brigg Line Rail Group said...

The service to Gainsborough Central which is a stopping service from Sheffield Midland has only got funding for 12 months, the present train operator has told the department for transport they no longer wish to run the Brigg line.

At present there is a rail review and we could see the Gainsborough central service being withdrawn in favour of a less frequent that through service from Cleethorpes to Retford via Brigg running 6 days a week.

This needs support but unfortunately there has been very little from North Lincolnshire Council and the three Brigg North Lincolnshire councillors

smiler said...

elections 2nd may vote

Anonymous said...

Today I come to you with so much excitement!
My Ex and I broke up 1 year and 2 months ago and i was six months pregnant. We both love each other and it was a shock to me and it really broke my heart. I tried to call him and both of his lines were disconnected. I tried to reach him on social networks but he deleted me off of them. I tried to reach his parents and they told me that their son said that he does not love me and does not want to see me and they do not know what is wrong. I cried and cried everyday because I loved him very much. Until I gave birth and the baby was one year old, I could not get my love back. Again, I was confused. I do not know what to do and I also lost my job and I have no money to take care of the baby. I was miserable in life so I cried to my sister and told her my problem and said that she knew of one powerful spell caster that helped her when she could not get pregnant. I contacted him by email and he said he will help me and told me that a woman cast a spell upon my man and said he will help me break the spell so my man will come back to me and be mine forever. It was a great surprise to me that everything that he said came to pass. My man came back to me immediately, saying that I should forgive him. I am sending a very big thank you to this powerful and real spell caster. I pray for him to live long and do more of his wonderful work. If you have any kind of problem disturbing you in life, you have to contact this powerful spell caster! He can help you. He will not disappoint you, I give you 100% guarantee that he will help you, Here’s his contact:
Email him at: Ahmedutimate@gmail.com