Saturday, January 26, 2019

BUDGET FREEZE MEANS NO INCREASE IN WHAT HOUSEHOLDS PAY BRIGG TOWN COUNCIL


Some welcome new year good cheer of the financial kind is coming the way of Brigg households.
Brigg Town Council will not be seeking any increase in the amount it requires from council tax payers for the 2019/2020 financial year, beginning in April.
At the authority's January meeting, councillors agreed a precept of £123,000 to fund the Town Council's services to, and work within, the local community.
That's the same as it requested for the current financial year.
So there will be no rise in the relatively small amount paid by Brigg households to the Town Council.
Exact figures for Brigg homes in the various bands cannot be confirmed until North Lincolnshire Council, which collects the local tax, holds its own budget-setting meeting and sets the tax base.
Currently, Band D homes in Brigg pay around £69 a year to help fund the Town Council's work.
The Town Council portion of the overall council tax is very small. Most of the money households pay in their overall tax goes to fund North Lincolnshire Council's various services and those provided by some other organisations, including Humberside Police.
Brigg Town Council's services include providing the Angel Suite community venue, local allotments and the town centre Christmas lights. It also gives grants to various local groups and organisations.
North Lincolnshire Council provides major services like refuse collection and recycling, sport and leisure facilities (including the Ancholme Leisure Centre and Brigg Recreation Ground), education, markets, libraries and Brigg Tourist Information Centre within the Buttercross.
At the Town Council's January meeting, Coun Rob Waltham proposed freezing the precept - the amount it requests from charge-payers.
"We can say, with pride, that we are delivering things in this town," he said.
Recent additions had included new litter bins and the services of a handyman to tidy up some areas of the town.
"People paying their council tax can see an end product," he said.
Despite the freeze, Coun Waltham felt the council should still set aside £10,000 in its budget for grants to local organisations between April 2019 and April 2020.
He said they supported a wide range of organisations.
"These grants must be available for groups to access," he added.
Coun Mike Campion agreed with the budget freeze, saying that Brigg Town Council provided excellent value for the community.

7 comments:

Ken Harrison said...

Who the dickens is Clara Bambi from Scotland.
Surely her name should be Clara MacBambi!!!

Beacky said...

After a year of Broken marriage, my lover left me with one kid, I felt like ending it all, i almost committed suicide because he left us with nothing, i was emotionally down all this while. Thanks to a spell caster called Prophet Osula which i met online who brought my Lover back to me. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet, I came across several of testimonies about AYELALA SHRINE . Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, you can contact him on ayelalashrine@gmail.com OR whatsapp him +2348112338431. He is the best spell caster that can help you with your problems

walden Ann said...

I want to use this great opportunity to thank Dr Aluya for helping me to get my boyfriend back after 3 months of breakup. My boyfriend breakup with me because he see another girl at his working place and told me he is no longer interested in me and live me in pain and heart break. I seek for help on the internet and i saw so many good talk about this great spell caster Dr Aluys and I contacted him also and explain my problems to him and he cast a love spell for me which i use to get back my boyfriend within the period of 48 hours and i am so grateful to him for the good work he did for me,that is why i also want to let everyone who is in need of help out there to also seek help from him so he can help.His email is aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or whatsapp: +2348055431163

Lizzy John said...

i am here to give testimony on how this powerful spell caster called Dr AKHANENE helped me to fix my relationship. i was heartbroken when my fiancee told me he is no longer interested in marrying me because another lady has used a black magic on him. I cried and sobbed every day, until it got so bad that I reached out to the Internet for help, that was when i read a review about the great work of Dr AKHANENE then contacted him for help to get my love and my life back, he helped me cast a powerful love spell and to my greatest surprise after 24 hours of doing the love spell my Fiancee came back on his knees begging me to forgive him We are now happily married and all thanks goes to Dr AKHANENE Wonders for helping me save my relationship you can contact Dr.AKANENE through his email address: DrAkhanenespellhome@gmail.com or WHATSAPP him on +2348168714427

"ISKANDAR LENDERS" said...

DO YOU THINK OF GETTING A LOAN??
APPLY TODAY FOR AFFORDABLE 100% LEGITIMATE HOME/REAL ESTATE/PERSONAL/BUSINESS LOANS Email for immediate response: (iskandalestari.kreditpersatuan@gmail.com)
 WA/Call (+33) 6057-33479


DO YOU NEED A LOAN? Are Financially down, Cry no more, Financial problem is nothing to cry about, it is something we will have to fight against in one Love, Understanding, Trust and Unity. So our faith as Legitimate Financial Consultants is putting an end to the financial hardship. We are investors providing financial services and we specialize in both start up projects,Home Finance and existing businesses needing funding or Loan for expansion. We are committed to helping businesses develop and succeed. Do you have a low credit score and you are finding it hard to obtain capital loan from local banks and other financial institutes? Do you need an urgent loan to buy a house? If Yes worry no more because we are out here to help the less financially privileged get the loan they need to get back on their feet no matter your credit score, you can say goodbye to all your financial crisis and difficulties. We offer loans  At a low and affordable interest rate of , without collateral and without credit check without guarantor and also no paperwork is needed. Iskandar Lenders holds all of the information about how to obtain money quickly and painlessly  (iskandalestari.kreditpersatuan@gmail.com)
 WA/Call (+33) 6057-33479

robetharmonton said...

, I was diagnosed of herpes virus, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor called Dr Agaba, who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus (Herpes), when i contacted this herbal doctor via email, he sent me herpes virus herbal medicine via courier service, when i received the herbal medicine he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured from the virus within 3 weeks of usage. Contact this great herbal doctor today to get your cure. 
Via Email: Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

Unknown said...

Zahvalna sam gospodji almini jer mi pomogla da ponovo zivim i da sam srecna sa svojom porodicom i decom evo broja viber wcp +381611567923