Updates on the installation of more CCTV cameras in Brigg and the relocation of some of the town's allotments to a new site are to be given at a meeting early next week.
An additional camera is being considered on Elwes Street near the Millennium Green, while allotment plots are to be lost off Grammar School Road when a new link road is built, with an alternative site to be provided.
These matters will be considered during Brigg Town Council's next meeting, to be held on Monday, January 21 in the Angel Suite, starting at 7.15pm.
This session is open to interested townsfolk, and Public Question Time appears on the agenda (see below).
Brigg Town Council will also be agreeing how much it will need from local households, as part of their overall council tax, for the 2019/2020 financial year, beginning in April. This is known as the Precept (see below).
In line with usual practice at the January meeting, councillors are set to exclude the press and public towards the end of the meeting when considering nominations made for the Joseph J. Magrath Award for Public Voluntary Service and the Civic Award for building development/redevelopment.
The winners will be notified and then a statement issued to say who they are, why they have been honoured and when they will receive their trophies.
BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED
1. To Receive apologies and to approve reasons for absence.
2. a) To Consider the suspension of the Meeting for the Purpose of Prayer.
b) To Resolve that Standing Orders be reinstated
3. a) To Record any Declarations of Interest by any member of the council in respect of the agenda items listed below.
b) To note any dispensations given to any member of the council in respect of the Agenda Items listed below.
4. Police Matters
5. To receive any correspondence (for information only).
6. To receive the update on any outstanding issues from the clerk.
7. Public Question Time
8. To Receive any Questions from Members.
9. To Receive a report from the North Lincolnshire Ward Councillors.
10. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS.
i. To approve the minutes of Full Council held on Monday 26 November 2018
ii. To note the minutes of Planning Committee, Monday 26 November 2018
iii. To note the minutes of Personnel Committee, Monday 19 December 2018
11. To receive reports from members delegated to serve on outside bodies and working groups.
- Masterplan and Arches
- Millennium Green and Holocaust Memorial and to receive an update on the proposed CCTV installation
- Angel Suite Review
- Brigg in Bloom
- Litter Picking Group
a) To Consider the Budget Proposals prepared by the Clerk and Deputy.
b) To determine the Precept to be levied for the Fiscal Year 2019/2020.
c) To consider the setting of Earmarked Reserves, as recommended by the Internal Auditor.
13. TO APPROVE THE ANGEL SUITE FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT UNDERTAKEN ON 28 NOVEMBER 2018
14. GRANT APPLICATIONS
a) To Determine the Grant Application from the Brigg Heritage Centre for the Young Explorers Project.
b) To Determine the Grant Application from the Brigg Town Cricket Club for the maintenance of the Cricket Square, and other annual costs.
15. ALLOTMENTS UPDATE
i) Redcombe Lane
ii) Grammar School Road
iii) Allotment relocation update
16. ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT
a) To Receive the following Financial Reports as at 31 December 2018, and Approve the Accounts for Payment as listed in the Appendix for Full Council and the Angel Suite, and Bank Reconciliations for each.
b) To Undertake a Third Quarter Review of the Accounts (Angel and Full Council)
c) To receive the Interim Audit Report
17. TO AGREE THE REFURBISHMENT OF THE TOWN COUNCIL’S MAYORAL CHAIN
18. In view of the confidential nature of the business about to be transacted, it is advisable in the public interest that the press and public are excluded and they are instructed to withdraw; Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960, section 1(2).
19. GRASS CUTTING AND MAINTENANCE CONTRACTS
20 CIVIC AWARDS
i) To consider nominations for the 2018 Magrath Award
ii) To consider nominations for the 2018 Town Civic Award
21. STAFFING ISSUES