Brigg town centre has welcomed back the distinctive plaque which marks a memorable royal visit to the town by The Princess of Wales, Lady Diana.
The blue plaque is now back on the front of the Buttercross, having been removed while the landmark building was refurbished ahead of its 200th anniversary being celebrated this year.
Removed late last year, the plaque needed cleaning to remove moss growing on parts of the metalwork.
Now on display above the entrance to the ground floor's Tourist Information Centre, it is looking as good as the day it was unveiled by The People's Princess in 1988.
She accepted an invitation to come to Brigg to launch the Regeneration Project - aimed at improving some of the buildings within the town centre.
Re-hanging the plaque marked the final part of the Buttercross refurbishment, which has also seen the distinctive weather vane returned to the clock tower.
The vane was damaged by high winds and removed during 2018.
North Lincolnshire Council now owns and manages the Buttercross, which opened in 1819.
|The refurbished plaque|
|The Buttercross in Brigg town centre photographed on January 8, 2019|