Wednesday, January 16, 2019

BRIGG VIEWS ALMOST 50 YEARS APART

 Barges on the New River Ancholme in the early 1970s near Earnshaw's woodyard - picture from the Ken Fisher Collection

Brigg often undergoes slow change, as we demonstrate with these pictures taken almost 50 years apart.
Ken Fisher stood on top of the Cake Mill Bridge in the early 1970s to record some of the very last commercial barges in service on the River Ancholme.
We think they were delivering stone for bank-strengthening or local construction work.
This month (January 2019) Brigg Blog followed in father's footsteps to take a "today" shot from a similar vantage point.
The Earnshaw woodyard/sawmill was alongside the New River Ancholme in the early 1970s; we now have the Earnshaws Fencing Centre.
Much water has flowed down the nearby river since Ken took his pictures but it's good to see that Earnshaws name is still part of the local scene today.

The Earnshaw family has been connected with the timber industry since the late 18th century. View details here...

A rare colour picture from the early 1970s of barges on the New River Ancholme in Brigg - Ken Fisher Collection
Barges on the New River Ancholme near Earnshaw's in the early 1970s

A January 2019 Brigg Blog picture taken from the Cake Mills Bridge and showing Earnshaws Fencing Centre
A similar view taken in January 2019

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Get your ex lover back urgently Dr Noble email: templeofjoyandprosperity1@gmail.com
call him on or whatsapp +2348145643630 immediately

Hello, i am Jaycee Wendy from TX, USA. Life without my husband was a real
mess for me and my children I am so happy to get my Ex back through the
help of Dr Noble the spell caster . My greatest surprise was that 48 hours
after the Doctor prepared the spell for me, my husband who has abandoned me
for 4 years suddenly called me unexpectedly and am so happy that we have
come to become one again through the help of Dr Noble and am so happy to be
with my husband once again. Dr Noble is a very wonderful spell caster, you
can contact him if you need his assistant because i know he can also help
you. contact him through his email: templeofjoyandprosperity1@gmail.com
call him on or whatsapp +2348145643630 immediately

walden Ann said...

I want to use this great opportunity to thank Dr Aluya for helping me to get my boyfriend back after 3 months of breakup. My boyfriend breakup with me because he see another girl at his working place and told me he is no longer interested in me and live me in pain and heart break. I seek for help on the internet and i saw so many good talk about this great spell caster Dr Aluys and I contacted him also and explain my problems to him and he cast a love spell for me which i use to get back my boyfriend within the period of 48 hours and i am so grateful to him for the good work he did for me,that is why i also want to let everyone who is in need of help out there to also seek help from him so he can help.His email is aluya.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or whatsapp: +2348055431163

robetharmonton said...

, I was diagnosed of herpes virus, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor called Dr Agaba, who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus (Herpes), when i contacted this herbal doctor via email, he sent me herpes virus herbal medicine via courier service, when i received the herbal medicine he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured from the virus within 3 weeks of usage. Contact this great herbal doctor today to get your cure. 
Via Email: Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486  

blogger said...

All my life i have never seen anything that work so fast like Dr.Agbazara spell. After contacting Dr.Agbazara then i started believing in the saying that every coin has two sides. When my lover left me she sworn never to come back to me again but thank God that through the help of Dr.Agbazara i have my lover back to me within 48 hours and i will also want other people that are heart broken to contact Dr.Agbazara through these details below which are via email: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or via Whatsapp on +2348104102662 then you can see the wonders of Dr.Agbazara




























































All my life i have never seen anything that work so fast like Dr.Agbazara spell. After contacting Dr.Agbazara then i started believing in the saying that every coin has two sides. When my lover left me she sworn never to come back to me again but thank God that through the help of Dr.Agbazara i have my lover back to me within 48 hours and i will also want other people that are heart broken to contact Dr.Agbazara through these details below which are via email: ( agbazara@gmail.com ) or via Whatsapp on +2348104102662 then you can see the wonders of Dr.Agbazara