Wednesday, June 26, 2019

SUPER-SIZED BINS ON THEIR WAY TO HELP KEEP BRIGG TIDY


New super-sized litter bins are coming to Brigg.
During the Town Council's June meeting, Coun Rob Waltham said the River Ancholme was incredibly popular with people at this time of the year but needed bigger bins to keep the area tidy.
He stressed that these needed to be large enough to take pizza boxes without filling up the entire space available.
These big bins were also ideal for polystyrene fast food cartons, Coun Waltham pointed out.
He outlined additional suggested sites, including the Ash Grove to Redcombe Lane footpath.
The Old Courts Road car park was also mentioned as somewhere needing attention.
Resolving an issue raised by members of the public at the Annual Town Meeting in March, Coun Waltham said bins would be earmarked for the Recreation Ground, off Wrawby Road.
Some bins replaced by the super-sized newcomers will be relocated to other sites.
Coun Carl Sherwood reported that a bin from the Memorial Park, near the river, had been stolen and needed replacing.
The council agreed funding for additional litter bins, with Coun Waltham adding: "It will be something the residents appreciate."
A suggestion that Brigg might buy a mechanical street sweeper has been passed to the Town Council's environmental working group for further consideration.
The matter will then be re-considered again by the Town Council.
June's meeting heard that thousands of pounds would be needed to buy a machine outright or even hire one by the month.
Coun Ann Eardley said the machine was definitely required to tidy up mess, while Coun Jane Kitching wondered whether it might be possible to join with another town authority to share the cost.
The environmental working group is also to look into providing information boards to be displayed in the Old Courts Road and Angel car parks and near the Lidl and Tesco stores.
These will tell visitors about the town and its history.

4 comments:

The Independent Brigg Line Rail Group said...

At the last count I think there was one rubbish bin and three dog bins on Station Road

Ken Harrison said...

Where is the Memorial Park, please?

smiler said...

behind angel car park ken
I hope these bins are flame proof as all the new[ish] along the Ancholme are now gone

vivian hulett said...

I will forever be indebted to the great Dr Ojogun for fixing my broken marriage after my husband left me for his mistress for 6 months. I never believed in spells until my friend introduced me to him. At first, I was skeptical about him because I heard a lots about false spell casters but I put my doubts behind me for i was desperate to get my husband back and I did according to what he instructed me to do. Now my husband is back just within 48 hours of contacting him. I'm living happily with my husband again after 6 months of divorce and I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in money spells, lottery spells, sickness spells E.T.C. Get connected with Doctor Tebe now, his email is ojogun.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp on +2348154637647