Sunday, June 30, 2019

IS IT TIME TO TAKE AWAY BRIGG COBBLE STONES?


Historic cobbles were a feature of Brigg Market Place for many decades, dating back to the horse and cart era.
But more modern cobbles, elsewhere in the town centre, are now causing a few concerns.
While town councillors were discussing the Brigg in Bloom flower-planting scheme at their June meeting, Coun Jane Kitching made reference to what she described as a cobbled area (pictured here).
She expressed some misgivings about the state of the surface, with moss in evidence.
The cobbled area is near, but not connected with, the Kebabish fast food takeaway.
Could this patch of ground be modified to create an additional flower bed or two? Or perhaps provide an additional short stay car parking bay?
We think this issue will be raised again at a future council meeting, once elected members have had chance to consider all options.
Will they press for removal of the cobbles? Or put work in hand to improve their condition?




2 comments:

Ken Harrison said...

....the cobbled area does, however, deter folks from crossing the road at that point.
Perhaps the general area and the Zebra x-ing, which itself too neat junctions and has poor sight-lines, could be re-designed and have the crossing moved slightly in unison of having a preventative barrier stopping folks attempting to cross directly on a junction...

vivian hulett said...

I will forever be indebted to the great Dr Ojogun for fixing my broken marriage after my husband left me for his mistress for 6 months. I never believed in spells until my friend introduced me to him. At first, I was skeptical about him because I heard a lots about false spell casters but I put my doubts behind me for i was desperate to get my husband back and I did according to what he instructed me to do. Now my husband is back just within 48 hours of contacting him. I'm living happily with my husband again after 6 months of divorce and I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in money spells, lottery spells, sickness spells E.T.C. Get connected with Doctor Tebe now, his email is ojogun.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp on +2348154637647