Sunday, June 30, 2019

SHORT, BACK & SIDES CUTS KEEP BRIGG ON THE RIGHT TRACK



It was good to see workers sent out in Brigg by the council to trim back foliage near the busy A1084 along Bigby Road.
The wet late spring and early summer weather in 2019 has seen greenery sprouting left, right and centre.
Growth at the base trees on Bigby Road can obscure the view of drivers trying to exit St Helen's Road onto the A1084.
But the council has been out to trim back the greenery, in the interests of road safety.
Workers have also snipped the lower branches of some trees on Bigby Road to ensure they do not come into contact with passing high-sided vehicles.
In addition, Clothes Hedge Footpath is being kept in good order.
This historic public footpath links St Helen's Road/Yarborough Road with Churchill Avenue, from where it crosses open fields to Wrawby.
It's used by ramblers, wearing boots and anoraks, and also local dog-walkers.
From time to time in past years, Brigg Blog has posted about greenery getting a bit out of hand near the St Helen's Road/Bigby Road junction and along Clothes Hedge Footpath.
But despite the recent wet weather boosting grass and weed growth, there's been no need to issue reminders up to today - the last in June.
The camera cannot lie, as the saying goes, and here are the pictures to show that the council is well on top of the job.
We say "The council" without being able to say whether the kudos belongs to the North Lincolnshire unitary authority or our own Town Council's new handymen. Perhaps they've both had a hand in it.
Either way, it's public money spent well on necessary tasks, in our humble opinion.


3 comments:

smiler said...

perhaps tarmacking it with water gullies to stop patches of water that forms to increase it's use.

Wearybanker said...

Pity the council don't look after all the trees they are responsible for in the same way. The trees down St Clares Walk haven't had the growth from the base of the trunks cut for 2 years now and they are massive!

vivian hulett said...

I will forever be indebted to the great Dr Ojogun for fixing my broken marriage after my husband left me for his mistress for 6 months. I never believed in spells until my friend introduced me to him. At first, I was skeptical about him because I heard a lots about false spell casters but I put my doubts behind me for i was desperate to get my husband back and I did according to what he instructed me to do. Now my husband is back just within 48 hours of contacting him. I'm living happily with my husband again after 6 months of divorce and I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in money spells, lottery spells, sickness spells E.T.C. Get connected with Doctor Tebe now, his email is ojogun.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp on +2348154637647