Tuesday, June 11, 2019

GOLF COURSE NEAR BRIGG HOSTS ENGLISH CHAMPIONSHIP


Brigg Blog is pleased to feature this heartening news release from Elsham Golf Club spokesman Peter Thompson, who also provided the pictures...

Elsham Golf Club and Holme Hall Golf Club received high praise for its hosting the English  Seniors Men’s Open Amateur Championship. Two hundred and eighty golfers took part with three from the host club.
Winner was the defending champion Ian Attoe from Worpleston in Surrey, with a 9 under par total for the 54 holes.
But for the local clubs Elsham and Holme Hall it was all about pride in presenting the event.  Attoe offered fulsome praise to both courses: “The clubs have been so welcoming and both courses have been superb.”
Best  of the local golfers was Tim Seaton of Grimsby with two round score of 157 but he like the others missed the cut after the first two rounds. Graham Smith and Mark Hoyle of Elsham both carded 158 as did Lee Graham of Holme Hall. Phil Duffin of Elsham carded 161.
Duffin who was entering the competition for the first time said: “It is really an honour to play this competition for the first time. I scored 78 in the first round and it meant I went into the second round facing the cut. The course is in great condition and I really enjoyed taking part.”
Phil is the father of Dane Duffin, the Elsham Assistant  Professional at Elsham. Dane had his dad out on the practice ground (pictured) at Elsham before he went to play his second round at Holme Hall.
Graham Marshall from Birstall Golf Club in Leicester was a leading competitor: “What’s great about being here is that the course at Elsham is in very good condition and a fair test but its  good to see all the smiling faces of members volunteering to stage the event. Its obviously a very welcoming club.”
Chairman of Elsham Golf Club Robert Taylor said: “I am delighted to say that the championship and the arrangements the club put in hand all proved a massive success. The comments and feedback received were all without exception absolutely fantastic. The course, as a result of the hard work of Colin Hopper the Head Greenkeeper and his staff is in the best condition that I have known in my 30 years at the club. A final thanks is also due to our dedicated staff, both professionals and volunteers.”


PICTURED ABOVE: Elsham Assistant Professional Dane Duffin (left) with his dad Phil before he went out to play.

PICTURED BELOW: Highly praised Elsham Head Groundsman Colin Hopper (centre) with his groundstaff at the event.
 




1 comment:

vivian hulett said...

I will forever be indebted to the great Dr Ojogun for fixing my broken marriage after my husband left me for his mistress for 6 months. I never believed in spells until my friend introduced me to him. At first, I was skeptical about him because I heard a lots about false spell casters but I put my doubts behind me for i was desperate to get my husband back and I did according to what he instructed me to do. Now my husband is back just within 48 hours of contacting him. I'm living happily with my husband again after 6 months of divorce and I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in money spells, lottery spells, sickness spells E.T.C. Get connected with Doctor Tebe now, his email is ojogun.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp on +2348154637647