Wednesday, June 19, 2019
NEW MOVES TO DEAL WITH LITTER ON BRIGG STREETS
New moves to help keep Brigg neat and tidy are to be considered at a meeting next week.
Brigg Town Council is set to purchase additional litter and cigarette bins and consider buying a mechanical street sweeper.
These proposals will be discussed at the authority's next meeting, to be held on Monday, June 24 in the Angel Suite Lounge, starting at 7.15pm.
Public Question Time is also listed on the agenda, should anyone have issues they wish to raise.
Members of the public should note that all council meetings are now being held in the Lounge, which is downstairs (lift available) and not in the main room above as was previously the case.
This switch follows the size of the Town Council being reduced from 19 councillors to nine with effect from the recent election.
BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED
1. To Receive Apologies and to Approve Reasons for Absence.
2. a) To Consider the suspension of the Meeting for the Purpose of Prayer.
b) To Resolve that Standing Orders be reinstated
3. a) To Record any Declarations of Interest by any member of the council in respect of the agenda items listed below. Members declaring interests should identify the Agenda Item and the type of interest being declared.
b) To note any dispensations given to any member of the council in respect of the Agenda Items listed below.
4. Police Matters
5. To receive any correspondence (for information only).
6. To receive the update on any outstanding issues from the clerk.
7. Public Question Time
8. To Receive any Questions from Members.
9. To Receive a report from the North Lincolnshire Council Ward Councillors
10. MINUTES OF PREVIOUS MEETINGS.
i. To approve the minutes of Annual Council - Monday 13 May 2019
ii. To note the minutes of Personnel Committee - Monday 10 June 2019
11. To receive reports from members delegated to serve on outside bodies and working groups.
• Environmental Development Group (to comprise previous groups - Masterplan and Arches, Millennium Green, CCTV, Litter Picking Group)
• Angel Suite Review
• Brigg in Bloom
• Christmas Lights Switch On Working Group (to meet on the rising of the Council meeting)
• Garden Competition
12. ALLOTMENTS UPDATE
i) Redcombe Lane
ii) Grammar School Road
iii) Allotment relocation update
13. ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT
a) To Receive the following Budget Monitoring Reports as at 31 May 2019, and Approve the Accounts for Payment as listed in the Appendix for Full Council and the Angel Suite, and Bank Reconciliations for each.
• Full Council Accounts and petty cash payments
• Angel Suite Accounts and petty cash payments
14. TO APPROVE THE TOWN COUNCIL POLICIES, PROCEDURES AND RISK ASSESSMENTS
Following the approval, at the March meeting, of the following policies:- a) Council Standing Orders, b) Committee Delegations, and c) Financial Regulations the remainder of all of the Council policies (no changes made) be approved for 2019-20.
15. TO APPROVE THE PURCHASE ADDITIONAL LITTER AND CIGARETTE BINS (To receive a proposal from Members).
16. TO CONSIDER A PROJECT AND AGREE A BUDGET TO PURCHASE INFORMATION BOARDS FOR CAR PARKS AND LARGE RETAIL AREAS eg LIDL, LEISURE CENTRE, TESCO
17. TO APPROVE THE PROCUREMENT OF PHASE ONE OF THE ARCHES PROJECT
18. TO CONSIDER THE OPTIONS FOR A MECHANICAL STREET SWEEPER AND APPROVE THE PURCHASE.
19. TO RECEIVE NOMINATIONS AND TO APPOINT ADDITIONAL FREEMAN OF BRIGG
20. TO AGREE TO TAKE PART IN THE PROJECT FOR 75 MEMORIAL FLAMES FOR HOLOCAUST MEMORIAL DAY 2020.
21. TO NOTE THE CHANGE OF DATES FOR THE PERSONNEL COMMITTEES FOR THE YEAR 2019-20
Dates of the Personnel Committees to change to the first Monday of the Month:- 1 July, 2 September, 7 October, 4 November, 2 December, 6 January, 3 February, 2 March, 6 April, 5 May.
22. TO NOTE THE DATES OF THE CIVIC AND TOWN EVENTS FOR THE MAYORAL YEAR 2019-20
• Civic Service – Sunday 14 July 2019
• Civic Coffee Morning (to include Garden Competition) Saturday 14 September 2019
• Civic Operatic Evening – to be confirmed
• Remembrance Day Service – Sunday 10 November 2019
• Christmas Lights Switch On – Friday 29 November 2019
• Civic Dinner – 7 March 2020
23. TO AGREE THAT A LETTER OF CONGRATULATIONS BE SENT TO THE DUKE AND DUCHESS OF SUSSEX ON THE BIRTH OF THEIR FIRST CHILD