Monday, June 10, 2019

LOCAL HISTORY DAY COMING UP IN BRIGG WITH WELL-KNOWN BOOK AUTHORS

 

There will be a comprehensive programme of events taking place in Brigg during National Book Week.
The Rabbit Hole Book Shop, in the Market Place, will be marking this national initiative in style between Saturday, June 15 and Saturday, June 22.
Operating throughout the week will be a Bear Hunt, children's activities, a history publisher display and a typewriter event.
Much interest is expected on Thursday, June 20, which will be Local History Day.
Local authors John and Valerie Holland, Jon Sass, Monty Martin and Kevin Leahy have been invited along for book signings.
John and Valerie have produced a number of books about Brigg, including one published quite recently.
Dr Kevin, pictured in the montage above, is well-known for his lengthy service with North Lincolnshire Museum and for his books about archaeology. His newest is Finds Identified.
Jon will be talking about his book Windmills of Lincolnshire, having been closely connected with Wrawby Mill's restoration and upkeep.
Monty has written a biography of Barton author Ted Lewis, whose book Jack's Return Home led to the famous film Get Carter, starring Michael Caine, made 50 years ago. Monty will be talking about "Ted's Lincolnshire."
Meet some of the authors from 11am on Thursday, June 20. For the evening session only, involving Monty and Jon, from 7pm to 9pm, you need to book tickets in advance. There's no charge and refreshments will be provided.
Other authors will be visiting the shop during the week, and we note that Brigg Primary School will be involved on the Wednesday.
Brigg Blog suggests people with an interest in books email Therabbithole.brigg@outlook.com to find out more or call at the shop and ask the proprietors for a full list of events and times. They will be happy to give you chapter and verse!


 
Double-click to view the full programme. You can also request a copy from The Rabbit Hole bookshop in Brigg town centre.

1 comment:

vivian hulett said...

I will forever be indebted to the great Dr Ojogun for fixing my broken marriage after my husband left me for his mistress for 6 months. I never believed in spells until my friend introduced me to him. At first, I was skeptical about him because I heard a lots about false spell casters but I put my doubts behind me for i was desperate to get my husband back and I did according to what he instructed me to do. Now my husband is back just within 48 hours of contacting him. I'm living happily with my husband again after 6 months of divorce and I will not rest till he's known all over the world. He's also specialize in money spells, lottery spells, sickness spells E.T.C. Get connected with Doctor Tebe now, his email is ojogun.48hoursspelltemple@gmail.com or WhatsApp on +2348154637647