The pink is often followed by a red in snooker, and Brigg Blog recently s-potted something in town that reminded us of this indoor sport.
The post box at the junction of St Helens Road and Kings Avenue was painted pink when we walked by, which is unusual, so we took the picture seen above.
But when we returned later that afternoon, the familiar post box red colour had returned.
It's good to see postal bosses refurbishing traditional boxes in an era when there are many fewer letters written because of email and social media messaging between friends and family.
Are other pillar boxes in the town also being repainted?
Some folk in Brigg still remember the town's snooker club - a licensed facility mentioned to us only recently, and with some fondness.
It occupied part of the extensive former Layne's Garage that was a feature of Bigby Street from 1914 into the 1970s.
For a time Brigg Snooker Club had a football team which played in one of the Scunthorpe Leagues.
|When Brigg Snooker Club was still on Bigby Street|