Monday, February 04, 2019

BRIGG PICK (ME) UP FOR THOSE WHO LIKE LOCAL HISTORY


A long lost but fondly remembered feature of the Brigg railway scene decades ago is now creating interest online - decades later.
On the Manchester, Sheffield & Lincolnshire Railway Group's Facebook forum, local enthusiast Phil Hewson shared some pictures showing the pick-up goods that used to call to collect and drop off wagons in sidings adjoining the station.
This service was worked by steam locos for many decades, but by the mid-1960s diesels had taken over.
The pick-up set off from North Nottinghamshire, stopping at local stations on its way through to Immingham.
Much of Brigg's traffic was coal from collieries ordered by local merchants, including Brocklesby's.
Due to reduced demand, British Rail curtailed the pick-up service during the mid-1980s.
Brigg Blog can recall watching the pick-up shunting wagons in and near the station prior and after the switch-over from steam to diesel.
It was interesting to see the movements required to get wagons assembled in the required order.
There were then several sets of sidings and even a goods depot (shed).
Phil has kindly shared some of his pictures from the early 1980s, showing diesels on pick-up duties in Brigg.



 

2 comments:

Janice Aliena said...

I read a comment online of a Califonia Based Journalist Reveals How She find a boyfriend (Mr.Right) 3 months after Her ex boyfriend broke up.
I send a email message to contact same Dr.Amiso because i have this Powerful Intentions that things will work for me, i believed in testimonies are real life proves. I realised this would be good to share here as I know it will inspire others too.
fortunate enough for me i came across Amiso email contact on a blog post. Today i'm testifying with joy and happiness to the world...this is one of the most joyful moment of my life. Oduduwa the Great-Love-Spell, Lunched a spell on my behalf to recover my ex-husband with his spell of magic and love-encharntment spell.
I'm married for over 6 years and it was so terrible because my husband was really cheating on me and was looking for a divorce, we broke-up before 4months ago and we came back again after so much begging with nice gifts of love.
I love my husband so much. I couldn't have done anything to hurt him or make him feel bad anymore..i just wanted him back to loving me forever. today we are both living happily together.i love him so much. My point is, he was my first love (at least that’s what it feels like).
i'm greateful and thankful to this great man. I was at first having fear of doubt, but i give it a try and it work for my good. I'm certain this will work for you as well,100% sure.
contact him through his personal amail herbalisthome01@gmail.com
he has the Powers to resolve the following relationship issues;-
* Love Spells Win-Back Ex lover
* Success & promotion magic spell
* lucky charm - BUSINESS STAR
* PROTECTIVE HOOK, and Longlife,
* curse resolution, Penis and Breast Enlargement.
* spiritual cleansing,Fats Burning,
* fertility magic - FRUITS OF WOMB,
* decreeing magic, SPELL LOTTERY & WIN-GAMES SPELL
The internet really helps a lot in providing quick and urgent solution to life problems.
herbalisthome01@gmail.com

ALFONSO VAZQUEZ said...

Hi viewers online, I'm Alfonso Vázquez from Mexico. I'm here to share my testimony about how i was helped to get my wife back. I was a cheat and my wife caught me several times. I tried fixing myself and each time i ended up cheating over and over again. I guess i didn't realise what she meant to me until she had left me alone. I began to find a way to get her back but nothing seems to work out perfectly till i came across an article about Lord Zakuza who helped a lot of people globally to get their relationships back. I made contact with him on his WhatsApp number via +1 740-573-9483 and he assured me that my wife will come back to me within 48 hours with his powerful magics and i paid 410 Euros for the materials needed for the work. Surprisingly, my wife came back home after 2 days saying that she still loves me and i swore never to cheat on her anymore. All thanks to Lord Zakuza. Email him via ( lordzakuza7@gmail.com ) or WhatsApp number via +1 740-573-9483.