Monday, February 04, 2019

FIRST DIRECT TRAIN FROM BRIGG TO BONNY SCOTLAND IN 170 YEARS

 

The iconic railway line through Brigg - opened in the late 1840s - recently scored a first.
These pictures - sent to Brigg Blog by a surprised member of the public - show a diesel unit carrying a destination board for Dumfries, in Scotland, as it passed through our station.
Decades ago, Manchester was as far as you could travel from Brigg without changing trains, but Sheffield later gained that distinction.
As you may have guessed by now, things are not quite what they seem.
The Dumfries display either reflects some railway worker's sense of humour or the unit had been working north of the border and no-one altered the destination once it was redeployed to Yorkshire.
The Dumfries-bound train was not in revenue-earning service but being used for driver training along the Brigg line.
The sparse Saturday-only passenger service between Sheffield and Cleethorpes - via Kirton Lindsey, Brigg and Barnetby - is still being disrupted by a long-running dispute relating to guards on trains operated by the Northern company.
It's a shame that no-one was able to board the train on the Brigg line and take a trip to Dumfries; like Brigg it's an historic market town. Read more here...
Brigg Blog's thanks are extended to the person who emailed the images.
Wishing to remain anonymous, he asked: "Could this be a secret Northern project to corner the commuter market between Brigg and Scotland?
"I thought your readers might find it amusing, so when the train returned from Cleethorpes (15:45 at Brigg) I went out and snapped the attached pictures."



1 comment:

Janice Aliena said...

I read a comment online of a Califonia Based Journalist Reveals How She find a boyfriend (Mr.Right) 3 months after Her ex boyfriend broke up.
I send a email message to contact same Dr.Amiso because i have this Powerful Intentions that things will work for me, i believed in testimonies are real life proves. I realised this would be good to share here as I know it will inspire others too.
fortunate enough for me i came across Amiso email contact on a blog post. Today i'm testifying with joy and happiness to the world...this is one of the most joyful moment of my life. Oduduwa the Great-Love-Spell, Lunched a spell on my behalf to recover my ex-husband with his spell of magic and love-encharntment spell.
I'm married for over 6 years and it was so terrible because my husband was really cheating on me and was looking for a divorce, we broke-up before 4months ago and we came back again after so much begging with nice gifts of love.
I love my husband so much. I couldn't have done anything to hurt him or make him feel bad anymore..i just wanted him back to loving me forever. today we are both living happily together.i love him so much. My point is, he was my first love (at least that’s what it feels like).
i'm greateful and thankful to this great man. I was at first having fear of doubt, but i give it a try and it work for my good. I'm certain this will work for you as well,100% sure.
contact him through his personal amail herbalisthome01@gmail.com
he has the Powers to resolve the following relationship issues;-
* Love Spells Win-Back Ex lover
* Success & promotion magic spell
* lucky charm - BUSINESS STAR
* PROTECTIVE HOOK, and Longlife,
* curse resolution, Penis and Breast Enlargement.
* spiritual cleansing,Fats Burning,
* fertility magic - FRUITS OF WOMB,
* decreeing magic, SPELL LOTTERY & WIN-GAMES SPELL
The internet really helps a lot in providing quick and urgent solution to life problems.
herbalisthome01@gmail.com