Tuesday, March 31, 2020

PICTURES & VIDEO: BRIGG GETS NEW ADDITION TO ROAD NETWORK


Brigg has gained a new addition to its main road network.
Following three successive weekends' hard work by contractors, Network Rail's barrier crossing has now replaced the old gated version on the A1084 where Bigby Road meets Bigby High Road.
The first lifting barrier crossings with flashing lights to warn approaching motorists were installed by British Railways in the early 1960s - one of earliest being in Lincolnshire, near Stallingborough.
In an extensive rolling programme throughout the remainder of the 20th century and beyond, traditional crossings across the UK were replaced.
But despite modern barriers appearing long ago at Hibaldstow level crossing just a few miles along the line, Brigg's gates remained... until now.
On Saturday/Sunday March 14/15 they were finally removed; March 21/22 saw the new lifting barriers appear; and finally on Saturday, Sunday & Monday, March 28/29/30, the installation was completed.
Road closures were in place during these periods while the contract continued, meaning that drivers faced a detour via Kettleby Lane, Wrawby, to rejoin the A1084.
Brigg Blog took some of these pictures on Sunday afternoon (March 29) as work was nearing completion.
Volker Rail established a temporary depot nearby in the former car lot on Bigby Road.
"Samantha, The Signaller" took some video footage of the latter stages of the installation which someone else, a rail enthusiast, has kindly forwarded to us.




Still evident on Sunday was a copy of the official road closure notice pinned to a lamp-post adjoining the crossing.
It advised drivers that the diversion they needed to follow was via Barnard Avenue in Brigg, the A15, Caenby Corner and Caistor - well over 30 miles! This instruction also appeared online.
Hopefully all car drivers were aware of the Kettlelby alternative or proceeded via Elwes Street, Cadney and Howsham to rejoin the A1084.
Sadly, at present, very few - if any - trains are using the Brigg line. So we look like having to wait a while to picture the lights flashing, the barriers lowering and a diesel unit eventually proceeding past the old wooden signalbox, which Network Rail has retained.
The old gated crossing was long past it sell-by date, and towards the end of its life all trains had to observe a 'walking pace' mandatory speed restriction - now a thing of the past.
We gather Brigg's wooden gates are being put up for sale. Some parts were still on-site on Monday morning.
Note that current pedestrian access over the crossing is alongside the road (see picture here) and not through small gates to the side.  Whether this is a permanent arrangement we will look to establish.



Footpath access over the new crossing on Monday, March 30.


Old wooden gates stored near the Brigg line on Monday morning, awaiting removal.



Sunday afternoon scenes as the project neared completion.


One of the newly-installed road signs advising drivers.

A van (centre) using the new barrier crossing on Monday morning.

2 comments:

jacob mason said...

FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how DR ADIGBA cured them from herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR ADIGBA because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact DR ADIGBA via dradigba@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348077875210. he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus. 1 HIV cure 2 cancer 3 diabetes 4 hepatitis 5 herpes. You can contact if you are having any problem... 

larry dina said...

My husband left me for another woman after one year of our marriage. I needed him back desperately because i loved him so much. I became very worried and needed help. On this faithful day  as i was browsing through the internet, I came across a particular testimony about this good DR IROSI help get ex back fast and stop a divorce or breakup and so on , So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (return Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband came back to me crying and begging for my forgiveness. Today I’m so happy and i want to recommend this great spell caster to anyone that truly needs an urgent solution to his or her broken relationships and marriage email him at:(DRIROSISOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL.COM) Simply contact the great “DR IROSI” If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you., do not cry anymore-contact this powerful spell caster now. Thank you DR IROSI for saving my broken relationships and brought my husband back to me!” email him at: (DRIROSISOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL.COM) or call/whatsapp him via: +2348118829771.