Saturday, March 28, 2020

70 PEOPLE TAKE PART IN FIRST BRIGG ONLINE SERVICE WITH ANOTHER TO COME THIS SUNDAY


With church services in Brigg churches suspended during the Coronavirus emergency, people are being invited to take part in online versions which are proving popular. These launched last weekend and another is to be held tomorrow at 10am (Sunday, March 29). There's an open invitation to join in during these troubled times. You need to use the ZOOM code 699 460 177 (explained below).

UPDATE FROM MALCOLM BAILEY (pictured above)


Huge thanks to Kate Marr for leading last week’s online service when 70 or so folk joined together. The first of its kind, at least for us. It was wonderful blessing and privilege to both worship together and to be able see and hear each other.
Please now accept this as your invitation to this coming Sunday morning worship , 29th March, which will be led by the Rev Peter Thomas. Also feel free to invite friends, neighbours and family: this is an open church service and most definitely not a closed meeting!
We are all on quite  a learning curve and there are some adjustments to the way this coming online Sunday’s worship is organised. You don’t need to do anything different but there are details on those changes below for information if that will be helpful to orientate yourself within the service …. the only important thing is to turn up and worship!
You will be able to log into worship anytime after 10am (when the ‘doors open’!), though the service itself won’t start until the normal time of 10.30am.  (The code for this Sunday’s service is 699 460 177). This is to allow folk to greet and chat with each other. This may well be chaos but as with last week it will be fun and a joy to see and hear each other J. However, please also note that the clocks do go forward overnight by 1 hour!!
A couple of minutes before the service I shall mute everyone to allow each of us to still ourselves for worship. On screen you will see the image of a Peace Candle, signifying Jesus as both Light of the World and the Prince of Peace. This will be followed by an on screen prayer taken from the prayer handbook for 29th March.
Please note that apart from Peter and those taking place in the service we’ll keep everyone muted until the end of the service when I shall unmute everyone to allow us to say the Grace together. This will be a change from last week when we are unmuted for most of the service and we discovered the limitations of being able to sing together this way. Not quite an angelic choir but it was praise nonetheless, and caused a few to smile!
So, Mary will play at the appropriate time and the words of the hymns will be on the screen but everyone is invited to sing on their own at home – just open the windows and go for it!!! We’ll see how this feels in comparison with last week and continue to look for the best way to make this aspect of worship work best. (All ideas welcome)
The service itself will start at 10.30 am with us singing “As We Are Gathered Jesus Is Here”. This will be unannounced but again the words will appear on the screen, and Mary will play.
Following a welcome by a steward the service is handed over to Peter
There could be a significant number of devices hooked up. This may cause problems with the amount of data that is going through your internet connection. If I detect this is the case then I may close down your webcams to enable a better quality of signal. You’ll still be able to see Peter and others taking part but for the duration of the service we won’t be able to see you, and you won’t be able to see each other. So if your own picture disappears and it simply goes to a black screen with your name on it then don’t worry.
Following the service I’ll unmute everyone and leave the ‘meeting’ open for 30 minutes or so, so that you can again chat/catch up before we leave each other. If your webcam happens to have been turned off also then that’s the time to switch it back on by going to the video icon at the bottom of the ZOOM screen.
Phew, there are a few details in there...but again, you don’t need to do anything other than tune in for worship and the rest will just happen (well, hopefully anyway).
Finally,  on the IT side of things; it you haven’t loaded ZOOM in order to access this way of staying together as the body of Christ but would like to do so then:-
The basic package of ZOOM is free. The first thing to do is register yourself as a user.

For PC owners go to https://zoom.us and register; and for ipad users then I understand you go to the Apple store and download the ZOOM app. 
If you have neither PC nor ipad but have a smartphone that’s OK; it’s  also possible to join the service this way too.
Once that you have signed up in this way then all you have to do to join any future event is to go back into ZOOM and request to Enter a Meeting. To do this you will then need to type in the 9 digit Meeting ID code 699 460 177 for this Sunday.
Again, acutely conscious that not all of our members have access to PC’s etc… You are encouraged to pray for 5 people and their well-being? For example, could you use the Thy Kingdom Come prayer bands (tie 5 knots), or write the names of 5 people on the bathroom mirror so as to remember them when brushing your teeth?
God Bless.

3 comments:

stephan braun said...

I appreciate the information, well thought out and written.
Law Essay Help UK

jacob mason said...

FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how DR ADIGBA cured them from herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR ADIGBA because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact DR ADIGBA via dradigba@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348077875210. he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus. 1 HIV cure 2 cancer 3 diabetes 4 hepatitis 5 herpes. You can contact if you are having any problem... 

larry dina said...

My husband left me for another woman after one year of our marriage. I needed him back desperately because i loved him so much. I became very worried and needed help. On this faithful day  as i was browsing through the internet, I came across a particular testimony about this good DR IROSI help get ex back fast and stop a divorce or breakup and so on , So I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (return Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband came back to me crying and begging for my forgiveness. Today I’m so happy and i want to recommend this great spell caster to anyone that truly needs an urgent solution to his or her broken relationships and marriage email him at:(DRIROSISOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL.COM) Simply contact the great “DR IROSI” If you have any problem contact him and i guarantee you that he will help you., do not cry anymore-contact this powerful spell caster now. Thank you DR IROSI for saving my broken relationships and brought my husband back to me!” email him at: (DRIROSISOLUTIONCENTER@GMAIL.COM) or call/whatsapp him via: +2348118829771.