Thursday, March 26, 2020

BRIGG GRANT EARMARKED FOR VETERANS' WW2 EVENT


Brigg Town Council has earmarked a £250 grant to support an event planned in the town on Friday, May 8 to mark the 75th anniversary of the end of World War Two in Europe.
But if it cannot go ahead on this date because of the Coronavirus emergency, the donation will still be made if the VE Day event takes place later in the year.
One suggestion is it might instead be held in August - Japan having surrendered in the Far East during that month in 1945, ending the war.
In its application submitted to the Town Council before the Coronavirus restrictions were put in place, Brigg & District Veterans' Group outlined plans for a street party with entertainment in the Market Place, refreshments and then vintage music at the nearby Woolpack  "into the evening."
The owner of a vintage bus has offered its use free of charge to transport senior citizens to the event, the Town Council has been told.
A similar application was submitted by the veterans' group to North Lincolnshire Council for a grant from its funding pot allocated specially for VE Day-related events.

1 comment:

jacob mason said...

FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how DR ADIGBA cured them from herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR ADIGBA because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact DR ADIGBA via dradigba@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348077875210. he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus. 1 HIV cure 2 cancer 3 diabetes 4 hepatitis 5 herpes. You can contact if you are having any problem...