Monday, December 23, 2019

WELL-KNOWN BRIGG SPORTSMAN COL MUMBY CELEBRATES LANDMARK BIRTHDAY

 

One of the best-known sportsmen in Brigg celebrated his 70th birthday over the weekend.
Col Mumby is still available, when required, to play local football and cricket - despite being twice the age at which many people retire from active team sports.
He played for Scunthorpe United Reserves alongside future England star Kevin Keegan in the late 1960s and is now known to some of us as The Oldest Winger in Town!
Brigg Blog doesn't usually post about people's birthdays but we are making a notable exception in this case.

Many people have taken to social media to send him birthday greetings, including Brigg and Broughton cricketers and footballers.
When Col celebrated his 60th birthday back in December 2009, wife Liz hosted a well-attended party in the function room at the Ancholme Inn, not far from the family home on the Springbank estate.
When guests left at closing time, they were greeted by deep snow!
Col was already 11 years old when the Ancholme Inn was built and served its first customers in 1960. It's since been demolished with a housing development replacing the pub and its extensive car park.

Col 's sense of humour is reflected in the rather unusual headgear he often wears while out and about in Brigg, and among his 70th birthday gifts was a distinctive Christmas hat.

A hat-trick from Col who has scored many in his time... enjoying a quiet pint at the Lord Nelson, Brigg, with trademark headgear on show
 

Signing on for another season with Briggensians FC at Brigg Rec, as club secretary Craig Benson looks on in February 2019

On the touchline at Sir John Nelthorpe School during a Briggensians FC fixture

Liz and Col Mumby celebrating his 60th birthday 10 years ago during a party at the Ancholme Inn, Grammar School Road
Stripped for action in the Hett Cup final at Brigg Town's Hawthorns ground in 2011

Col Mumby (centre) taking the field for Broughton Cricket Club in the 1980s

2 comments:

William Annie said...

i want to testify about the great spell caster called Dr Azuka my husband and i have been married for 5 years now we don't have a child and the doctor told us i can't give birth because my womb have been damaged due to wrong drugs prescription this got me so worried and my husband was not happy so he decided to get married to another girl and divorce me i was so sad i told my friend about it she told me about a powerful spell caster she gave me his email address well i never believe in it that much though i just decided to give him a try and he told me it will take 24hrs to get my husband back to me and i will get pregnant i doubted him the 3rd day my husband came back to me and was crying he said he didn't want the divorce anymore 3 weeks after the doctor confirmed that i was pregnant he can also help you contact him via email: Dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com What’s app or call: +44 7520 636249‬



robetharmonton said...

I was diagnosed of herpes virus, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor called Dr Agaba, who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus (Herpes), when i contacted this herbal doctor via email, he sent me herpes virus herbal medicine via courier service, when i received the herbal medicine he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured from the virus within 3 weeks of usage. Contact this great herbal doctor today to get your cure. 
Via Email: Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486