Friday, December 27, 2019

HERE'S HOPING BRIGG WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE PACER DIESEL FAREWELL BRITISH TOUR



Train fans are hoping that Brigg will feature in a farewell tour to be undertaken by a type of diesel train that has often operated passenger services through our station.
The Class 142 Pacers, which have been a feature of rural and suburban services across the UK since the 1980s, are finally being scrapped and replaced by modern units.
But a farewell railtour is to be undertaken and railway supporters are being asked to suggest suitable routes.
We are pleased to see that the iconic Brigg Line has already received a number of nominations... with more expected to follow in the weeks ahead.
The line to Barton via New Holland, Ulceby and Goxhill has also been suggested by some train buffs.
The Leyland Pacers - often described as buses on rails - were meant to be a short-term solution to a shortage of trains in the 1980s.
They are very basic and certainly don't offer much comfort for passengers on long journeys. But it's always sad to see a railway era drawing to a close.
The Pacers have been earmarked for withdrawal several times over the years, only to be kept on.
One is to be preserved by posterity by the National Railway Museum but scrapping of other class members is now being carried out by a company in South Yorkshire.

We are also reliably informed that a Class 142 "bouncy railbus" has been preserved - No 142029 at the Chasewater heritage railway in Staffordshire.
Our pictures show a Pacer on active service at Brigg station in February this year. We rode on another only a few weeks ago, probably for the last time, coming back to town from Barnetby on the last Saturday service of the week circa 7.45pm.



2 comments:

robetharmonton said...

I was diagnosed of herpes virus, I have tried all possible means to get cure but all my effort proved abortive, until a friend of mine introduced me to a herbal doctor called Dr Agaba, who prepare herbal medicine to cure all kind of diseases including herpes virus (Herpes), when i contacted this herbal doctor via email, he sent me herpes virus herbal medicine via courier service, when i received the herbal medicine he gave me step by step instructions on how to apply it, when i applied it as instructed i was totally cured from the virus within 3 weeks of usage. Contact this great herbal doctor today to get your cure. 
Via Email: Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com or WhatApp: +2349074536486

Unknown said...

Happiness is all i see now I never thought that I will be cured from HERPES virus again. I have been suffering from a deadly disease (HERPES) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lot of msearching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how DR agaba helped someone in curing his HERPES disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dragabasolutionhome@gmail.com oney going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was or WhatApp: +2349074536486