Tuesday, May 01, 2018

THE SKY'S THE LIMIT FOR FORMER BRIGG MAN AS HE RAISES £3K+ FOR CHARITY

 

Congratulations are extended by Brigg Blog to a brave former town resident who  recently took to the skies over Hibaldstow to help a children's charity.
We are talking about Coun Peter Clark, once of Mill Lane, whose year as first citizen of North Lincolnshire has brought him back to our area a number of times for various reasons.
But never like this...
FROM KIRSTY WESTFIELD, NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE COUNCIL

Cllr Peter Clark, Mayor of North Lincolnshire parachuted to success when he completed a 15,000 feet skydive on Sunday 22 April – raising over £3,000 for charity.
Cllr Clark took on the skydive at Skydive Hibaldstow to raise money for When You Wish Upon A Star.
When You Wish Upon A Star is his chosen charity for the Mayor’s Appeal Fund, and Cllr Clark has been raising money throughout the year for them with various fundraising activities.
The Mayor has raised over £3,000, going above and beyond the target of £375.
When You Wish Upon A Star offer children with terminal or life-threatening illnesses something to look forward to at times when they need it the most. They provide a chance for families to spend quality time together, creating very special and treasured memories.
Cllr Peter Clark, Mayor of North Lincolnshire said: “The sky dive was certainly an exhilarating experience, especially the free fall. My instructor let me take control of the parachute so I was actually controlling it for a short time.
“After making a soft landing, I was quite overwhelmed and emotional that I had actually just done a sky dive.
“I would like to thank everyone who has sponsored me. Over £3,000 is an incredible amount, which will go towards helping sick children have a special day in their lives.
“Although the sky dive was out of my comfort zone I was very happy I did it for my chosen truly worthwhile charity, When You Wish Upon A Star. I hope many children’s dreams will come true and they have some magical days out with the money raised.”

PICTURES KINDLY SUPPLIED TO BRIGG BLOG BY THE COUNCIL




4 comments:

Ken Harrison said...

Brigg's own CLARK KENT, eh!

Ken Harrison said...

Now I've wandered into Superman territory.....what is Clark Kent's middle name?

Ken Harrison said...

He first appeared in 1938....as a mature man, so that makes him over 100 years old.
Therefore, I could be a secret Superman pretending to be an aged OAP.!!
For example, have you ever seen Superman and me at the same time, Nige?

Ken Harrison said...

.....and that's why they keep the red telephone box in the Market Place..