Monday, May 28, 2018

BRIGG PUMP BLESSING CEREMONY 2018 COMING UP - HERE'S OUR FULL PREVIEW


The annual Blessing of the Pumps ceremony in Brigg town centre will take place on Saturday, June 9th 2018.
It will feature three folk dancing teams and is always a colourful event which attracts many visitors and townsfolk of all ages to watch the spectacle.
The fun will start  mid-morning, with the blessing of the two surviving cast-iron communal water pumps following later.
The pumps are close to the County Bridge, on Bridge Street, and  on Grammar School Road South at the side of JD Wetherspoon's White Horse pub/restaurant.
Brigg Town Business Partnership is central to the organisation, and the pump blessing is being support by Wetherspoon's, Tesco, Nisa Local and Brown & Co.
In the days before all homes in Brigg had piped water on tap, many families had to go to these communal pumps to draw the day's supply.
If attending the Brigg Pump Blessing is still on your 'to do' bucket list, make a note of the date of the 2018 event.


APPROXIMATE TIMES FOR SATURDAY, JUNE 9 
10.30am: The Tatterfoals, Beverley Garland and Green Ginger Garland will be dancing at various locations within the town centre.
11.40am: The grand parade sets off from the Market Place for the pump near the bridge, where there will be dancing and flowers "presented."
12.05am: Parade to the second pump near the White Horse for a similar ceremony.
12.25am: Dancing at various locations by the three groups.
1.15pm: Grand finale in the Market Place, where you will be welcome to join the dancing!

 


A previous year's 'dressed' pump alongside the White Horse, on Grammar School Road.


The 'dressed' pump near the County Bridge and  Nelthorpe Arms in 2016.

1 comment:

Spell Home said...

Get your lover back urgent effective love spell to win and get ex back my advise reveal you all to contact Dr Ogudugu for a genuine love spell on greatogudugu@gmail.com that work fast. here is my relationship story, i'm MaryJane born in Williamsburg,Virginia Usa..my boyfriend told me it was over and walk away without any reasons, I was confuse and didn't know what to do. I was desperate, I want him back, I went over the internet looking for ways to get my boyfriend back. I read about many different ways of how to get ex back, but Dr Ogudugu caught my attention. I immediately contacted him and explained my problem to him. It was amazing and surprising that 11hrs after the urgent love spell was cast, my boyfriend called me and was begging me to forgive him and accept him back, Couldn't believe, but later after he came to my house and fell on his knees asking me to take him back am so happy that my love is back again. I am testifying on this forum just to let people know that Dr Ogudugu is real and genuine. don't hesitate to try him out. thank you Dr Ogudugu you are truly talented and gifted genuine spell caster. Contact him now if you need your girlfriend/boyfriend back or your girlfriend moved on to another man, do not cry anymore .. Dr Ogudugu is here to help out in relationship problem coz problem share is problem solve.
Email him at.... greatogudugu@gmail.com
whatsapp...+27663492930