FROM SARAH HOWE, NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE COUNCIL
North Lincolnshire Council is offering 30 minutes free advice to help new food businesses know what they need to do to ensure they stay within the law when it comes to running their business.
It will also help proprietors achieve the best possible National Food Hygiene Rating – which in turn will help boost their business and encourage people to visit.
The service is available for start-up food businesses and those taking on an existing food business.
It will provide many benefits including:
- Save you money through receiving advice on relevant procedures and equipment you need
- Improve your chances of receiving a top National Food Hygiene Rating that you can use to market your business, attract customers and sales, and increase your profits
- Give reassurance that your business is legally compliant
- Enable you to put in place the building blocks to grow your business in a safe, sustainable way
- Keeps you one step ahead of the competitive market
For more details about the Food Safety Business Advice Service, visit www.northlincs.gov.uk/foodsafetybusinessadvice or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Cllr Richard Hannigan, cabinet member for Safer, Greener and Cleaner Places at North Lincolnshire Council, said: “All new food businesses must ensure they stay within the law when it comes to running their business. By offering this initial free support, we are helping them do just that.
“Through the new Food Safety Business Advice Service, we are able to provide businesses with everything they need to know to help them.
“The income the council receives will be ploughed back into ensuring we continue to help businesses meet their legal requirements and give them every possible opportunity to succeed.”