Thursday, May 31, 2018

BOOK NOW IN BRIGG FOR AN INTERESTING FREE TOUR




Pop into Brigg Tourist Information Centre, in the Buttercross, pictured above, to book a place on one of the nostalgic FREE tours taking place on Saturdays from now until early autumn.
There is no charge for tickets but donations are welcomed by the Appleby-Frodingham Railway Preservation Society, which offers afternoon train rides around many miles of track on Scunthorpe steelworks.
Brigg Blog speaks from personal experience when we say these train trips criss-crossing the British Steel plant are very enjoyable and informative, including a ride past the landmark Four Queens blastfurnaces, the rolling mills, coke ovens and the BOS steelmaking plant.
The tours, lasting about two-and-a-half hours, are generally hauled by a vintage steam locomotive.
Call at Brigg TIC now and put your name down for the Saturday of your choice between June 2 and September 29.
Trains depart at 1.30pm from a small station, Frodingham, adjoining Brigg Road, Scunthorpe, close to the main steelworks office block at DN16 1XA.
Car parking is available nearby. Or take the Hornsby No 4 service from Brigg - Scunthorpe bus station is not very far from the steelworks station.
Please note: You must book in advance at the Buttercross for these tours; you CANNOT pay at the station or on the train.
Find out more about the Preservation Society and its trips round the works using this link...

Perhaps more suited to railway enthusiasts are brake van tours which also operate on selected days. If they appeal, ask for details when you call at the Buttercross.

Cranford, an 0-6-0 saddle tank, built in 1924. She once worked for the Staveley Coal and Iron Company in Derbyshire, then at quarries. The loco is pictured last year at the steelworks railway station, having hauled a brake van tour that Brigg Blog found fascinating. We had just put a tenner in the donations box; well worth the money for an afternoon's entertainment. Brigg Road, Scunthorpe, can be seen on the right of the picture.
 

1 comment:

Spell Home said...

Get your lover back urgent effective love spell to win and get ex back my advise reveal you all to contact Dr Ogudugu for a genuine love spell on greatogudugu@gmail.com that work fast. here is my relationship story, i'm MaryJane born in Williamsburg,Virginia Usa..my boyfriend told me it was over and walk away without any reasons, I was confuse and didn't know what to do. I was desperate, I want him back, I went over the internet looking for ways to get my boyfriend back. I read about many different ways of how to get ex back, but Dr Ogudugu caught my attention. I immediately contacted him and explained my problem to him. It was amazing and surprising that 11hrs after the urgent love spell was cast, my boyfriend called me and was begging me to forgive him and accept him back, Couldn't believe, but later after he came to my house and fell on his knees asking me to take him back am so happy that my love is back again. I am testifying on this forum just to let people know that Dr Ogudugu is real and genuine. don't hesitate to try him out. thank you Dr Ogudugu you are truly talented and gifted genuine spell caster. Contact him now if you need your girlfriend/boyfriend back or your girlfriend moved on to another man, do not cry anymore .. Dr Ogudugu is here to help out in relationship problem coz problem share is problem solve.
Email him at.... greatogudugu@gmail.com
whatsapp...+27663492930