A new Town Mayor of Brigg to serve as our first citizen for the next 12 months will be installed tomorrow (Monday, May 21) during the annual meeting of Brigg Town Council.
The Joseph J. Magrath OBE Award for public voluntary service will also be presented to the latest winner.
Councillors will also consider holding litter-picking sessions every month, rather than from time to time.
This meeting is open to interested members of the public and will be held in the Angel Suite from 7.15pm.
1. a) TO ELECT THE CHAIRMAN/TOWN MAYOR FOR THE ENSUING YEAR.
The outgoing Mayor to present cheques to nominated charities and also presentation to the Magrath Award winner.
b) To Receive the Chairman/Town Mayor’s Declaration of Acceptance of Office
c) To Confirm the Town Mayor’s Allowance for the Ensuing Year.
d) To examine the expenditure incurred under the Civic Functions Budget for 2017/18, and approve any adjustments required for 2018/19
2. TO ELECT THE VICE CHAIRMAN / TOWN MAYOR ELECT FOR THE ENSUING YEAR.
Candidates will address the meeting prior to a vote by show of hands.
3. To Consider the suspension of the Meeting for the Purpose of Prayer.
4. To Resolve that Standing Orders be reinstated
5. To Receive Apologies and Approve Reasons for Absence.
6. a) To record any Declarations of Interest by any member of the council in respect of the Agenda items listed below.
b) To note any dispensations given to any member of the council in respect of the Agenda Items listed below.
c) To Confirm that all Members have reviewed and updated their Register of Declared Interests, in accordance with the Localism Act 2011 and pursuant to the Relevant Authorities (Disclosable Pecuniary Interests) Regulations 2012 and the North Lincolnshire Council Code of Conduct, which was adopted by Brigg Town Council with effect from 1st July 2012.
7. TO APPOINT REPRESENTATIVES TO SERVE ON THE FOLLOWING OUTSIDE BODIES
a) Brigg Licensees' Association (case of need)
b) North Lincolnshire Licensing Forum
e) ERNLLCA – 2 voting delegates required.
f) Neighbourhood Action Team
g) Parish & Town Council Liaison
h) Ancholme Users Group
i) Brigg Wheelers (case of need – currently dormant)
j) Sir John Nelthorpe Foundation Governor (Cllr. Mrs. P.J. Smith – Term of Office ongoing)
k) Brigg Town Business Partnership
l) i) Brigg 2020 Vision Group
ii) Community Led Plan Monitoring Group
m) Neighbourhood Action Team
n) Brigg Flood Warden
o) Brigg Snow Warden
p) Humberside Airport Consultative Committee
q) Brigg Energy Plant
8. TO CONFIRM THE LIST OF COMMITTEES TO BE ELECTED AND APPOINT THE MEMBERS WHO WILL SERVE ON EACH COMMITTEE FOR THE ENSUING YEAR
i) Planning & Environment Committee
ii) Personnel Committee
iii) Grievance Committee
iv) Complaints Committee
v) Brigg Masterplan Committee (Previously Neighbourhood Plan)
vi) Brigg Community Emergency Plan
vii) Appeals Committee (New)
viii) Disciplinary (New)
9. Minutes of previous meetings
a) To Receive and Approve the Minutes, as circulated, of the meeting of Council on 23 April 2018
b) To Note the minutes of the Planning and Environment Committee on 23 April 2018
10. Police Matters (for information only)
11. To Receive any correspondence (for information only)
12. To Receive the update on outstanding issues from the clerk (for information only)
13. To Receive any Questions from Members
14. ANGEL SUITE CHARGES REVIEW – recommendations from the working group -
a) to agree that the Angel Suite Manager be given the discretion to negotiate individual room hire on specific occasions, subject to approval by the Clerk; and
b) to agree that research be undertaken regarding the cost of more permanent bar arrangements, to be discussed with the members of the working group prior to submission to Council for approval as required.
15. To receive reports from members delegated to serve on outside bodies and working groups.
- Masterplan and Arches – (R Waltham)
- Millennium Green and Holocaust Memorial – (R Waltham)
- Brigg in Bloom – (S Riggall)
16. TO DETERMINE THE MEMBERSHIP OF THE GRASS CUTTING PILOT WORKING GROUP.
17. TO RE-AFFIRM THE CAR MILEAGE RATES TO BE USED FOR THE FISCAL YEAR 2018/2019, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RATES CIRCULATED BY ERNLLCA. No change
18. ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT
To Receive the following Financial Reports as at 30 April 2018 and Approve the Accounts for Payment as listed in the Appendix for Full Council and the Angel Suite
19. TO NOTE THAT THE COUNCIL’S INSURANCE POLICY REMAINS WITHIN A FOUR YEAR POLICY, the only change having been index linked.
20. TO AGREE THAT A TOWN LITTER PICK BE ARRANGED ON A MONTHLY BASIS
21. TO AGREE THAT A LETTER OF CONGRATULATIONS BE SENT TO HRH PRINCE HARRY AND HIS BRIDE ON THE OCCASION OF THEIR WEDDING.
22. TO NOTE AND AGREE THE 2% PAY RISE AWARDED TO EMPLOYEES BY THE ALCC AND SLCC UNIONS