Saturday, November 10, 2018

REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY 2018 IN BRIGG - MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE TIMINGS


Scores of people - perhaps even hundreds - will be turning out in Brigg tomorrow on Remembrance Sunday  2018, to show their support.
But please remember that the timings have altered from what you might expect if you have been supporting the town's homage to The Fallen over a number of years.
Instead of having the wreath-laying at the Monument war memorial  at noon, this year it will be an hour earlier - at 11am.
Brigg Town Council took this decision to bring Brigg into line with most other towns and villages across the UK.
Therefore, on Sunday, November 11 the parade will meet up on Station Road at 9.25am, ready to march to St John’s Church for the service.
This will be followed by a parade through the town centre to the Monument for the Sounding of the Calls  and the two minutes’ silence  at 11am.
The time change follows consultation by the Town Council with various organisations and people, including members of the Royal British Legion.

The Grimsby Telegraph today (Saturday, November 10) carries a 12-page supplement in tribute to Lincolnshire servicemen who have their lives in the service of their country.
Brigg Blog has been in Grimsby assisting with the production of this detailed tribute, which explains the lack of fresh content on our own website over the past few days.
Copies of the Grimsby Telegraph are on sale in Brigg and district, and we suggest you will find the picture-packed supplement of particular interest as the UK prepares to mark the 100th anniversary of the Armistice ending hostilities in November 1918.
Brigg Blog is now back on active service again in terms of news gathering and apologises for the brief blip in coverage.

1 comment:

emilynia said...


I made a promise to tell my testimony all over the globe once my man come back to me and my husband came just as DR ben told me when he helped me. I made the right choice to have contacted DR ben the great spell caster who is capable of helping you solve your problems. My man left me to suffer and i never believed that he will come back to me again but when i contacted DR ben he assured me that my man will come again. he gave me some list of items to buy but i could not get them in my country and so i sent him the money and he bought the items and prepared the perfect love spell. My husband ran back to me in 3 days time begging for forgiveness THIS IS SO REAL AND GENUINE. I was so surprise that the spell worked just as he told me. This is so amazing and i want you to believe because DR ben is so real and i urge you contact him now on his email so that he can also help you the way he helped me. email is; drbenspellcaster@gmail.com and you can also contact him with his phone Call & WhatsApp;+2348151642717...