Tuesday, November 06, 2018

BRIGG REMEMBRANCE SUNDAY 2018 PARADE, SERVICE AND WREATH-LAYING WILL BE AN HOUR EARLIER


There's a very importance change to note in Brigg on Remembrance Sunday 2018.
Rather than the wreath-laying at the Monument war memorial taking place at noon, this year it will be an hour earlier - at 11am.
Brigg Town Council took this decision to bring Brigg into line with most other towns and villages across the UK.
So on Sunday, November 11 the parade will meet up on Station Road at 9.25am, ready to march to St John’s Church for the service.
This will be followed by a parade through the town centre to the Monument for the Sounding of the Calls  and the two minutes’ silence  at 11am.
The time change follows consultation by the Town Council with various Royal British Legion members, and others.
The grade two listed Monument will be looking its very best, having been refurbished with money from the Town Council and North Lincolnshire Council.
It has been cleaned and the memorial plaques carrying the names of The Fallen re-gilded.
The monument's exposed joints have been re-pointed with lime-based mortar.
This is a very special month, seeing the 100th anniversary of the Armistice being signed to end First World War hostilities with Germany in 1918.
A really big turn-out of townsfolk is expected for the solemn ceremony at the Monument at 11am on Sunday, November 11.
A road closure will be in place on the A18.

2 comments:

Ken Harrison said...

Just for interest, Nige...The Armitice that we normally recognise as 11th hour, the 11th day, the 11th month...eas not the first or onlt armitice of Ww1..for example, Bulgaria, Austria-hungary and the Ottoman Empire has signed Armitice with the Allies months/weeks before.
In addition, our Armitice was temporary, initially lasting 28 days and to which it had to be extended 3 more times until the peace treaty was signed in 1919...

emilynia said...


I made a promise to tell my testimony all over the globe once my man come back to me and my husband came just as DR ben told me when he helped me. I made the right choice to have contacted DR ben the great spell caster who is capable of helping you solve your problems. My man left me to suffer and i never believed that he will come back to me again but when i contacted DR ben he assured me that my man will come again. he gave me some list of items to buy but i could not get them in my country and so i sent him the money and he bought the items and prepared the perfect love spell. My husband ran back to me in 3 days time begging for forgiveness THIS IS SO REAL AND GENUINE. I was so surprise that the spell worked just as he told me. This is so amazing and i want you to believe because DR ben is so real and i urge you contact him now on his email so that he can also help you the way he helped me. email is; drbenspellcaster@gmail.com and you can also contact him with his phone Call & WhatsApp;+2348151642717...