Thursday, November 01, 2018

BRIGG LANDMARK WILL BE RED AND PURPLE TO SHOW SUPPORT


One of the best-known and most prominent buildings in Brigg town centre will be taking on a different appearance from today (Thursday, November 1).
Already displaying the red Cascade of Poppies to mark the approaching 100th anniversary of the Armistice being signed to end hostilities in 1918, the Angel building frontage is to be lit up in purple from today to mark Pancreatic cancer awareness month (November 2018).
Purple is the colour used by Pancreatic Cancer Action.
The Angel and North Lincolnshire Council's Pitwood House, Scunthorpe, will be illuminated in this way until November 30.
The Brigg Pancreatic Cancer Action Awareness Group, which raises money for the cause in various ways, tells us there are further events coming up:
Saturday, November 3:  Pilates session at Elsham Golf Club, from 10am.
Thursday, November 15: World Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Day.
Friday, November 16: Quiz at St John's Church Hall, Bigby Street, Brigg, 7pm.
Saturday, November 24: Awareness Day at Brigg Garden Centre, Bigby High Road.
Current Brigg Town Mayor Coun Donald Campbell is raising money for this charity throughout his year as the town's first citizen, which will end in spring 2019.
The Mayoress, Coun Tina Campbell, kindly drew Brigg Blog's attention to the Angel turning purple after the Town Council's latest meeting.
Andrew 'Sass' Markham has since forwarded details to Brigg Blog on behalf of the local group.
The former hotel building is owned by North Lincolnshire Council.

PICTURED: The Angel frontage in Brigg during a previous purple November.

1 comment:

emilynia said...

I made a promise to tell my testimony all over the globe once my man come back to me and my husband came just as DR ben told me when he helped me. I made the right choice to have contacted DR ben the great spell caster who is capable of helping you solve your problems. My man left me to suffer and i never believed that he will come back to me again but when i contacted DR ben he assured me that my man will come again. he gave me some list of items to buy but i could not get them in my country and so i sent him the money and he bought the items and prepared the perfect love spell. My husband ran back to me in 3 days time begging for forgiveness THIS IS SO REAL AND GENUINE. I was so surprise that the spell worked just as he told me. This is so amazing and i want you to believe because DR ben is so real and i urge you contact him now on his email so that he can also help you the way he helped me. email is; drbenspellcaster@gmail.com and you can also contact him with his phone Call & WhatsApp;+2348151642717...