Sunday, February 12, 2017

MOUNT EVEREST CHARITY CHALLENGE FOR BRIGG LANDLADY LUCY


Brigg landlady Lucy Fensome has announced that she is going to climb to base camp on Mount Everest - to raise money for the Macmillan Cancer Support charity.
Lucy, who runs the Yarborough Hunt, on Bridge Street, will be rising to the challenge in May.
She says: "I've climbed many mountains but this one is by far going to be the most exciting and challenging.
"People can only dream to do things like this but I've been given the opportunity to do it. I've decided to do it for a charity that is very close to people's hearts, Macmillan. I thought that because I'm going to take on such a challenge I may as well do it for something worthwhile. I'm hoping to raise between £500-£700."
Donate to Lucy's effort through this link to Just Giving...
Lucy has only just launched her fundraising campaign but some supporters have already pledged cash to the cause.
Find out more by following Lucy Fensome on Facebook.
Lucy, who organises the annual Brigg Bike Night, has a love of travel, recently visiting Australia.

1 comment:

Ken Harrison said...

I once met Sir (later, Lord) John Hunt..the leader of the 53 Everest conquest.
I was 15, undertaking my expedition section of the DofE Award....it was in Snowdonia, and he trekked across the rainy mountainside for a chat. He was a tall guy and in those days (1962) easily recognisable.
At that time, he was the leader of the DofE Scheme.....and, I later learnt, he lived in mid Wales.
In contrast, 4 years later I was in Pen-y-Ghent cafe when I white haired elderly gent walked in....it was the well-known mountain topographer and guide writer, Alfred Wainwright.
Again we chatted over a mug of tea and a biscuit.
It seems that when one treks about the countryside one can meet some interesting folks.
Good luck to Lucy....she may meet someone famous on her trek.