Saturday, May 09, 2020

VE DAY IN BRIGG - CELEBRATING THE 75TH ANNIVERSARY


Brigg people still celebrated the 75th anniversary of VE Day on Friday (May 8) despite the Coronavirus lockdown restrictions and the government ban on celebratory events being held in local pubs.
Sarah Hardy, landlady of the Woolpack and chairwoman of the local Pub Watch, was among those whose events fell by the wayside.
She attended the 11am ceremony at the Monument and prior to that admired the decorations placed on the WW2 miniature landing craft on the raised flower bed off Wrawby Road (pictured below).
Many houses across the town were decorated with flags - the example pictured above being on St Helens Road - and many people raised a glass or two at home to celebrate Victory in Europe.
We located some suitably named ale - Bombadier - at the Nisa Local shop on Queen Street.
On the big day itself - May 8, 1945 - Brigg folk enjoyed various street parties, plus a get-together in a field at Woodbine Farm, off Wrawby Road.
People let their hair down in the town centre and its pubs in the evening, but the following day it was back to rationing and austerity.


4 comments:

Anderson May said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ronald Anthony said...

Thanks to Dr OSAGIE for helping me increase the size of my Penis. I have been married for 10 years and due to my small Penis I was unable to satisfy my wife and that made us childless and my wife planed to leave me I was really disappointed with myself and I was also having weak erection I thought all my hope was gone not until I saw a testimony on how the same Dr OSAGIE helped someone increase his Penis size. I was desperate to do anything to regain my sex life back and I contacted him and he promise to help me so he gave me a herbal mixture which i was using and after three days I began to experience changes. Well am writing this testimony is not only because he has helped me increase the size of my Penis, I can now satisfy my wife and my wife is three months pregnant. All thanks to Dr OSAGIE if you are having weak erection problem or small Penis size contact him with his email:drosagiesolutionhome5 @ gmail. com or whats app him +2348034778129.

chrishely said...

True love is the only key to be successful relationship and married when my husband left me heartbroken I was so lonely and i was so frustrated confused desperate i do all I can't to have my husband back home with me and the kids nothing work out luckily as i was browsing I saw people sharing a testimony of a great man call @DrbowsolutionHome1 for the help he did for them. I decided to try i contacted Dr bow Home he told me never to be worried again that my husband is going to be back with me within 48 hours I never believe to my greatest surprise my husband called me within 48 hours and start begging me for forgiveness for the pain him have cost me with the kids my husband is now back home with me and my family I am forever grateful for your help and saving my
marriage sir ( Drbowsolutionhome@gmail.com ) OR WhatsApp +2348121786772  

chrishely said...

True love is the only key to be successful relationship and married when my husband left me heartbroken I was so lonely and i was so frustrated confused desperate i do all I can't to have my husband back home with me and the kids nothing work out luckily as i was browsing I saw people sharing a testimony of a great man call @DrbowsolutionHome1 for the help he did for them. I decided to try i contacted Dr bow Home he told me never to be worried again that my husband is going to be back with me within 48 hours I never believe to my greatest surprise my husband called me within 48 hours and start begging me for forgiveness for the pain him have cost me with the kids my husband is now back home with me and my family I am forever grateful for your help and saving my
marriage sir ( Drbowsolutionhome@gmail.com ) OR WhatsApp +2348121786772