Sunday, February 16, 2020

ALL CHANGE ON THE BRIGG LINE AS BETTER TRAINS ARRIVE


Brigg railway transport is expected to enter a new era this month as the town says farewell to some faithful old friends dating back to the 1980s.
We understand that Class 144 'rail buses' will no longer operate the Saturdays-only Brigg Line passenger service from February 29.
They are to be replaced by newly-allocated Class 158 units.
We've been told that these refurbished units offer much superior ride quality and include a disabled toilet, power sockets and (in some cases) free Wi-Fi.
February 29 will be the last day that the Northern company operates trains to Brigg; the government is then taking over the franchise through 're-nationalisation'.
Class 144 units are known in railway circles as Pacers. Despite offering basic facilities and a rather rough ride, some people have affection for them and it will be the end of an era when they make their last journeys through Brigg, Kirton Lindsey and Barnetby in the near future.
The recently-taken picture above shows a refurbished 158 trying out the Brigg line recently - a sign of things to come. Brigg Blog's thanks go to Sam for the image. Below we see a Pacer calling at our station - a sight soon to become a thing of the past.
People have written off Pacers on a number of occasions over many years, but their impending withdrawal has kept being delayed.
This time, though, it seems they really are coming to the end of the line.
Some examples are being preserved and, going forward, it will be possible to ride a Pacer on one, or more, of the UK's popular heritage lines.


 

4 comments:

smiler said...

better trains ok getting a train mon - fri !
we have 3 ward councillors on brigg town council including it's leader yet none put any pressure on northern rail.
now the brigg line is in public hands should not the six ward councillors with brigg & kirton town councils with their two MP's renew pressure to extend the sheffeild - gainsbrough trains to al least barnetby even one train each way is a 100% improvement.

David Barrett said...

The line was in public hands before the Northern Franchise was taken off the incumbent Franchisee and, it seems that Brigg Town Council were very much on the case anyway. The issue being North Lincolnshire Council whose Public Transport Policy appears to be based on two strands of: a) the belief that there exists a profitable core Bus Network waiting to satisfy every need imaginable and b) the belief that there exists a sound Business Case for the resurrection of a through train to King's Cross. This is however a democratically elected body with which the local population are evidently satisfied and, by extension, satisfied with their policies otherwise they would have been removed from office long ago.

The Independent Brigg Line Rail Group said...

The support shown from Brigg Town Council and the Business partnership has been super.

The support shown by others as you have highlighted has been poor, but then again the train doesn't go to London 😉

Anonymous said...

I’m so excited because my broken marriage has been restored & my husband is back after he left me and our 2 kids for another woman. After 8 years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California to be with another woman. i felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again. i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband. Every day and night i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that DR.Osasu can help get ex back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it then he did a (Love spell) for me. 28 hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing!! So that was how he came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and he apologized for his mistake,and for the pain he caused me and the kids. Then from that day,our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before,All thanks to DR.Osasu . he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that DR.Osasu real and powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now. Here’s his contact: Email him at:Account:
drosasu25@gmail.com , you can also call him or add him on Whats-app: +2347064365391,THANKS TO DR. Osasu