Friday, May 20, 2016

BRIGG FOLK WILL FLOCK TO LINCOLNSHIRE SHOW



With just over four weeks to go until the Lincolnshire Show 2016, Brigg folk should be thinking about making it a date. Or even two dates.
The show will be held on Wednesday and Thursday, June 22 and 23, at the showground just north of Lincoln.
Follow the A15 south towards the county capital and your route to the car park will be signposted a few miles from the venue.
Show tickets are now on sale at Brigg Tourist Information Centre, The Buttercross, Market Place.
You always see plenty of folk from the Brigg area at the show, while a number of companies from the town take stands to showcase their goods and services.
Last time we were there and the heavens opened, we nipped into the Piper's Crisps & Tom Wood tent. Purely to escape a drenching, you understand!
Find out more about the show here




2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the terminology, Nige..us Brigg folk always flock ...a nice gentle term.
I it would different if we herded everywhere. .
Flock and herd have similar meaning...but used in their verb form, the words conjure up different perceptions..i.e.are passengers on over-crowded trains herded, or flocked into the cramped conditions.?
Personally, I don't do too much herding....on Saturday, I will join the flock of spectators watching the Pump Dressing...the I might herd to the bar for a drink.

Unknown said...

I like the terminology, Nige..us Brigg folk always flock ...a nice gentle term.
I it would different if we herded everywhere. .
Flock and herd have similar meaning...but used in their verb form, the words conjure up different perceptions..i.e.are passengers on over-crowded trains herded, or flocked into the cramped conditions.?
Personally, I don't do too much herding....on Saturday, I will join the flock of spectators watching the Pump Dressing...the I might herd to the bar for a drink.