The Brigg Christmas lights 2019 switch-on, festive fair & market, and late night shopping event in the town centre will feature some extra attractions this Friday (November 29).
The all-important illuminations - provided by Brigg Town Council - will be switched on at 5pm from a temporary stage in the Market Place, with Scunthorpe pantomime star Annie Fanny involved in the ceremony.
Brigg District Lions have let all the stalls for their festive fair/market (open from 4.30pm) while many shops will be staying open light so visitors can do a spot of Christmas shopping.
Fast food will be available from various outlets in the town centre.
Added attractions this Friday evening include:
- 'Sampler Night' tapas at the recently-launched La Finca Spanish-themed restaurant on the ground floor of the Angel building. Pop in and take a look!
- Almost Pink Tribute Night at Brigg & District Servicemen's Club, Coney Court, from 8.30pm. Admission £5 - in aid of charity.
- Launch of the new Jerry Green Dog Rescue charity shop on Springs Parade (open from Friday lunchtime).
- Blyton Ice Cream 'all you can eat' crepe and waffle quiz night, including new winter flavours, at its Wrawby Street shop, 6pm to 8pm.
- Live music from singer Kelly Wilson at the Black Bull from 8.30pm, with karaoke/disco at the Woolpack and at the Britannia Inn.
- White Horse Football Club reunion at Wetherspoon's, from 7pm.
PICTURED ABOVE: People of all ages enjoying the 2018 Christmas lights switch-on event in the Market Place. Picture by Ken Harrison, Brigg Matters Magazine.