A service was held in Brigg town centre on Saturday afternoon (January 6) on the final day of the Tree of Light 2017, which had been illuminated since late November.
It was conducted by the vicar, Father Owain Mitchell, who read out the names of all those now departed and remembered with memory cards placed on the tree by family and friends, some of whom attended the ceremony.
Coun Jane Kitching, on behalf of the Brigg Town Business Partnership, thanked all those who had assisted in organising the tree, in Chapel Court, those who had purchased cards and businesses which donated raffle prizes.
The grand Christmas raffle winners were then announced and some of the prizes collected in person or by others on their behalf.
Donations will be made to charity following the announcement of the grand total raised.
Brigg Blog will post this at a later date.
The memory cards have been removed from the tree and those not collected will be kept and stored safely.
- Bottle of House of Commons Whiskey - Mrs M Roberts (phone number supplied to the organisers).
- Food hamper - Barbara (phone number supplied).
- One Night Escape with dinner & bottle of Champagne - Chris (phone number supplied).
- Couture jewellery - Coun Jane Kitching.
- Necklace from Guy Whitney Goldsmith - Garry Dunderdale (phone number supplied).
- Design Orchard voucher & bottle of wine - Glossop (phone number supplied).
- Essence beauty voucher & Teddy bear - Kathy Murray (c/o Rosa).
- Hair by Peter voucher & Teddy bear - Michelle Smith (phone number supplied).
- Fruit basket - Jim Toyne (phone number supplied).
- Slow cooker - Jan (phone number supplied).
- Memory Foam pillow - Kay Ashberry (phone number supplied).
- Molton Brown gift set - Delysia (phone number supplied).
- Bayliss & Harding gift set & bottle of wine - Paul Sheldon (phone number supplied).
- Gardeners gift set & Taylors port - Mandy(c/o Deli & Diner).
- Cocktail tool kit - Mickey Brittain (address supplied).
- Folk Round 'Ere DVD & bottle of wine - J Parton (phone number supplied).
- Bayliss & Harding gift set & cava - Smith (phone number supplied).
- Bottle of wine - Eve (phone number supplied).
- Bottle of wine - Andrew Ballard.
- Mystery gift - Coun Deb Dunderdale, Deli & Diner.
- Goodie bag - Ken (phone number supplied).
|Father Owen Mitchell|
|Coun Jane Kitching displaying the House of Commons bottle of spirits - first prize in the raffle|
|Brigg Town Mayor Coun Sharon Riggall presenting another raffle prize|