Brigg Town Council members and staff photographed here in the Angel Suite on Monday, July 22, 2019 - prior to the authority's monthly meeting.
Back row, left to right: Coun Carl Sherwood, Assistant Town Clerk Kerry McGrath, Coun Jane Gibbons, Coun Jane Kitching, Coun Rob Waltham.
Front row, left to right: Town Clerk Dinah Lilley, Coun Penny Smith, Coun Brian Parker, Town Mayor Coun Sharon Riggall, Town Mayor's Chaplain Father Owain Mitchell, Coun Ann Eardley.
Councillor Nigel Sherwood was unable to be present for our formal photograph; taken at the Town Council's request. He's pictured below.
Brigg Town Council, formed in 1974 by local government reorganisation, provides a range of services, which include:
- Funding and arranging the town centre's Christmas lights.
- Running the Angel Suite community venue, which can be hired for events and meetings by members of the public, groups and businesses.
- Helping to clean the streets, arranging litter-picking sessions and purchasing litter bins.
- Addressing issues raised by members of the public.
- Managing the allotments on Atherton Way/Redcombe Lane and Grammar School Road.
- Commenting on local planning applications in/near the town and making recommendations to North Lincolnshire Council which makes the final decisions.
- Co-ordinating Remembrance Sunday's parade/wreath-laying and keeping the Monument war memorial in top condition
- Giving grants to support major events and Brigg groups in need of assistance.
- Managing the Millennium Green on Elwes Street.
- Supporting the Brigg in Bloom floral initiative (managed by a committee of volunteers).
- Organising the popular annual best-kept garden competition, including allotments.
Administration is carried out by the Town Clerk and Assistant Town Clerk.
The authority has an office within the Angel building.
Agendas for forthcoming council meetings appear on Brigg Blog and these sessions are open to interested local people, who can raise issues during Public Question Time.
Coun Rob Waltham, Coun Carl Sherwood and Coun Nigel Sherwood also serve on North Lincolnshire Council, being re-elected for a further term at the May election.
Coun Rob is Leader of the unity authority, Coun Carl is a member of the decision-making Cabinet, while Coun Nigel chairs North Lincolnshire's Planning Committee.
Brigg Town Council can be contacted by email at email@example.com
Town Councillors are unpaid.