Friday, April 13, 2018

MAYOR TO MAKE 15,000 FT SKYDIVE IN BRIGG AREA TO HELP CHILDREN'S CHARITY


A former Brigg resident, Coun Peter Clark, the current Mayor of North Lincolnshire, to to take to take on 15,000 feet skydive
The district's first citizen has set himself a sky-high challenge of jumping out of a plane to raise money for When You Wish Upon A Star.
He will make his jump on April 22 at Skydive Hibaldstow.
When You Wish Upon A Star is his chosen charity for the Mayor’s Appeal Fund, and Coun Peter has been raising money throughout the year.
So far, over £900 has been raised for his skydive challenge, which has exceeded the £375 target.
If you would like to donate, go to www.justgiving.com/fundraising/peter-clark23
When You Wish Upon A Star offers children with terminal or life-threatening illnesses something to look forward to at times when they need it the most.
They provide a chance for families to spend quality time together, creating very special and treasured memories.
The Mayor said: “I am taking on the challenge of a 15,000 feet skydive for my chosen charity, When You Wish Upon A Star, because I want to make dreams come true for sick children.
“Last year, I went to the When you wish upon a Star charity skydive to show my support. After the event I thought to myself, I can do that!
“By doing a skydive I hope to raise much-needed funds for the amazing charity and enable more children to have their wishes come true.
“So please, if you can, donate for this wonderful cause. Any donations are greatly appreciated.”
Our picture shows the Mayor in Brigg town centre last year when he opened the Age UK Lindsey shop.

No comments: