Brigg has a little-known link with the world-famous Forth Bridge - often called the Forth Rail Bridge - in Scotland.
Chief engineer on the landmark bridge which opened in 1890, Sir John Fowler also oversaw the building of both railway bridges over the River Ancholme (Old and New) in Brigg when our iconic line was created, becoming features of the Manchester, Sheffield & Lincolnshire route.
That was in the 1840s - early in his very successful career.
So how much of the original Cadney Road Bridge still stands today?
Does the supporting stonework seen in these recently-taken pictures date from 1849?
If so, there's a case for a plaque to be erected to mark the fact that it's the work of one of Britain's most famous engineers.
And how about affording grade two listed status?
Sadly, Brigg has lost so much of its original railway heritage, including the station roof, extensive range of platform buildings, Victorian cast-iron footbridge and the goods shed.
The coal drops - fashioned from brick - were demolished in the late 1990s (on safety grounds?) but no redevelopment has followed.
In other parts of the country, Sir John's structures have been honoured, including the renowned Wicker Arches in Sheffield (grade two listed).
The Forth Rail Bridge is a United Nations world heritage site, with a plaque to mark the fact unveiled last August. Read more here...
World heritage status is given to sites of "outstanding universal value" with the aim of protecting them for future generations.
We just think that the powers-that-be locally might take a look at whether Brigg could do something to show the work done in our area by this famous civil engineer all those years ago.
Perhaps our suggestion will be taken up and developed by the go-ahead Friends of the Brigg Line campaign, working to raise awareness of our railway and its current Saturday-only passenger train service.
The Brigg Blog archive picture above shows preserved B1 class 4-6-0 steam locomotive No 61264 crossing Cadney Road Bridge with an enthusiasts' special some years ago. Engines from this class, built in the 1940s and early 1950s, often visited Brigg right up to the mid-1960s.