Proposed changes to the only grade one listed building in Brigg will be considered by councillors at a meeting next week.
Listed building consent is being sought for the oldest part of Sir John Nelthorpe School, off Grammar School Road.
Permission is requested to erect an internal glazed floor-to-ceiling partition wall, make alterations to toilet provision and install a fan extraction system.
A report submitted in support of the application says: "By creating a glazed aspect, the original form of the library will be maintained whilst creating two functional areas."
The library is located within the 17th century part of the town's original school.
The report suggests the library and associated rooms "are in a dilapidated condition and under used."
It says the aim of the proposed works is to bring an historic part of the school back into a functional use.
Brigg Town Council's Planning & Environment Committee will consider this application, and others, when it meets in the Angel Suite on Monday, April 29, from 6.45pm.
It can make observations or comments on applications but the final decision in each case is made by North Lincolnshire Council - the local planning authority.
Monday's meeting is open to interested members of the public.
AGENDA/BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED
1. To Receive apologies and Approve reasons for absence.
2. (a) To record declarations of interest by any member of the council in respect of the agenda items listed below. Members declaring interests should identify the agenda item and type of interest being declared.
(b) To note dispensations given to any member of the council in respect of agenda items listed below.
3. TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES, AS CIRCULATED, OF THE COMMITTEE MEETING HELD ON 25 MARCH 2019.
4. To Receive any general correspondence.
5. a) To Receive and Note any Applications for Market Consent
b) To Receive and Consider any Applications for a Grant or Variation of Premises Licence.
6. To Receive the update on outstanding issues from the Clerk
7. a) TO CONSIDER ANY PLANNING APPLICATIONS RECEIVED, INCLUDING ANY ADDITIONAL PLANS PUBLICISED BUT RECEIVED AFTER THE AGENDA WAS CIRCULATED:
- Planning permission and listed building consent to erect 4 three-storey dwellings including removal of trees and associated works land at the former Nelthorpe Arms, 1 Bridge Street, Brigg
- Planning application to vary condition 2 of application PA/2015/0917 to modify the design of the proposed dwellings on land west of Almond Grove, Brigg
- Planning permission to retain a change of use of land for motor vehicle storage and retain portable cabin offices on land south of Engine Street, Brigg
- Listed building consent to erect glazed floor to ceiling partition wall, make alterations to WC and install fan extraction system at Upper School, Sir John Nelthorpe School, Grammar School Road, Brigg
- Planning permission to erect a two-storey side extension and retain outbuilding at 21 Atkinson Avenue, Brigg (amended and/or additional information has been submitted in connection with this application)
- Planning permission to retain the use as offices (Use Class B1a) at The Cedars, Bigby Road, Brigg
PICTURED ABOVE: The oldest part of Sir John Nelthorpe School, Brigg. The library is within in the section nearest to Grammar School Road, from where this image was taken.