Thursday, March 08, 2018

FIRST GIN FESTIVAL FOR BRIGG



A Brigg pub is getting ready to serve up a real tonic - the town's first Gin Festival.
The District Lions' annual Beer Festival is long-established and a number of pubs have held their own ale fests, going back to the 1990s when Bob Nicholson was mine host at the old Queen's Arms.
But now the Nelthorpe Arms, on Bridge Street, is to do something  different with what it is calling  Brigg's first Gin Festival - the spirit being increasingly popular these days.
The Bridge Street pub's festival will be on Saturday, March 24, from 6pm to 10pm.
Tickets - costing £10 - include entry, free samples, a goodie bag and a gin balloon glass to take home.
A saxophonist will be adding to the atmosphere while folk sip from a selection of 50 brands.
The festival's slogan is "For the love of gin."
Call at the hostelry during opening hours (not Mondays or Tuesdays) to find out more and buy your tickets. We gather they are selling well. So don't leave it too long.

3 comments:

Ken Harrison said...

Gin seems to have originated in the Middle East....moving to Europe...
It became popular with British troops during the Eighty Years War (?1550-1640???) and gave rise to the saying, 'Dutch Courage'.
In artistic terms, the Hogarth's, 'Gin Lane' painting has become one of the most anti-drinking posters...

Ken Harrison said...

In-case folks don't know about the Eighty Year War....it was the backdrop to a number of significant historical events....Martin Luther and the Protestant Reformation.. Henry 8th..Elizabeth 1st...Spanish Amada...Spain..Guy Fawkes (fought for Spain in Holland)...William of Orange..Ireland..English Civil War..Ollie Cromwell...etc...each separate and complete event revolving around power and religious intolerance..

Spell Home said...

Get your lover back urgent effective love spell to win and get ex back my advise reveal you all to contact Dr Ogudugu for a genuine love spell on greatogudugu@gmail.com that work fast. here is my relationship story, i'm MaryJane born in Williamsburg,Virginia Usa..my boyfriend told me it was over and walk away without any reasons, I was confuse and didn't know what to do. I was desperate, I want him back, I went over the internet looking for ways to get my boyfriend back. I read about many different ways of how to get ex back, but Dr Ogudugu caught my attention. I immediately contacted him and explained my problem to him. It was amazing and surprising that 11hrs after the urgent love spell was cast, my boyfriend called me and was begging me to forgive him and accept him back, Couldn't believe, but later after he came to my house and fell on his knees asking me to take him back am so happy that my love is back again. I am testifying on this forum just to let people know that Dr Ogudugu is real and genuine. don't hesitate to try him out. thank you Dr Ogudugu you are truly talented and gifted genuine spell caster. Contact him now if you need your girlfriend/boyfriend back or your girlfriend moved on to another man, do not cry anymore .. Dr Ogudugu is here to help out in relationship problem coz problem share is problem solve.
Email him at.... greatogudugu@gmail.com
whatsapp...+27663492930