Sunday, October 16, 2011

NO LIKEY, NO LIGHTY - YET AGAIN

Only a couple of weeks after Brigg Blog reported a street light "out" in St Helen's Road, another has given up the ghost in the run up to Halloween. Same side of the street - a couple of lamp-posts nearer to Bigby Road. We were wending our merry way down to the Black Bull last night when darkness descended on a stretch of footpath. Still, with less "dog muck" about than was once the case in Brigg (thanks to more responsible owners and North Lincolnshire Council's pooping and scooping?) there's less danger of putting your foot in it these days.
We are confident Coun Nige - Cabinet chief for highways - will take note of our posting and send the boys round with a new bulb, or whatever's required.
(With apologies to Paddy McGuinness and his TV dating show for the headline).

5 comments:

Ken Harrison said...

I 'spect, Scribs that the NLC's guy that goes round North Lincs checking on whether street lights are working trundles round in his van at night.
It's the light work that I could do; it would certainly brighten up my evenings.
How much should I charge?

gmsmith said...

I propose replacing all the current street lamps in St Helens with new solar powered ones .

Ken Harrison said...

.....I think that we may have to rely on Cllr Nigel S's influence to get things done, Nige old lad.
I informed NLC directly over a week ago about a large sodium lamp that's glowing like billy-ho during the daytime on Old Courts...near the entrance.
Today...it'd still glowing...and costing me money!

Ken Harrison said...

.....I think that we may have to rely on Cllr Nigel S's influence to get things done, Nige old lad.
I informed NLC directly over a week ago about a large sodium lamp that's glowing like billy-ho during the daytime on Old Courts...near the entrance.
Today...it'd still glowing...and costing me money!

Ken Harrison said...

.....I didn't know you had two for one offers, Scribs!