Sunday, December 06, 2009

HELPING HAND FOR ANDREW

This Blog supports no political party or faction. We are happy to be on good terms with Ian Cawsey, Labour MP for Brigg and Goole, and now want to balance things up by giving a helping hand to his opponent in the next general election campaign, Conservative Andrew Percy, who describes himself in literature as "prospective MP."
In the Tories' latest newsletter, delivered to Brigg homes (and many outside the town), there's a brief update on Fighting Car Park Charges.
"Having abolished free car parking in Brigg last year, Andrew fought the Labour Council's attempts to increase parking charges yet further this year."
Andrew, I don't believe you want local electors thinking YOU abolished free car parking. That was, of course, a decision of North Lincolnshire Council, with which you (and many others) disagreed very strongly.
Happy to set the record straight on your behalf, just in case any of your readers got the wrong end of the stick!

5 comments:

Ken Harrison said...

BONG! Round 2!!.....

gmsmith said...

Does anyone believe the Tories news letter , infact I like to read it to spot the literary inconsistencies .
eg. Campaigning to get the United Carpets sign removed because it was too large and had a negative visual impact . I wait in anticipation for the massive VOTE CONSERVATIVE sign in big blue letters on the side of Sherwoods shop in Bridge Street.

Ken Harrison said...

gmsmith:

I recall someone called Ken Harrison - some mad guy from Wrawby, wrote a stinking letter to Viewpoint about the sign weeks before anybody was politically interested in the eyesore.

Andrew Percy said...

Thanks for this Nigel. To gmsmith, any sign we put up for the elections will at least be temporary. I seem to remember Labour pasting a load of vote Labour posters on a wall that took months to remove last time.

In terms of the bad grammer or grammar, all I can say is sorry. I was educated at a comprehensive run by the Labour-controlled Humberside County Council. Sorry, I'm not educated enough for you.

If you'd like to e-mail me with your concerns about the lies you suggest there are in our leaflets then please do and I'll respond. Or you could just stick to smearing us on blogs such as this.

Thanks again Nigel and thanks for being so balanced. I did read my newspaper when it arrived and chuckle at the wording of that caption. My very positive canvassing in Brigg this weekend would suggest that I've not gotten the blame for the car parking!

Ken Harrison said...

Nige and gmsmith -

Looks like you're both in the fertilzer!!

A.P. Don't worry too much about being taught at a comp......I'm an old wrinkly and I was too.

Any relation to Harry Hotspur?