Wednesday, December 31, 2008

PATH OF INDIGNATION

Often we fail to notice gradual changes taking place in Brigg.
A relative, who has not lived here since the days of the old Urban District Council, made a return visit over the festive period and went for a walk to The Monument.
A senior citizen, she was struck by what she regards as the poor state of Brigg's footpaths.
Now this issue is quite often raised by concerned members of Brigg Town Council - but Brigg UDC (and Lindsey County Council) are long gone, and our unitary authority, North Lincolnshire, has responsibility for footpath repairs, not just in Brigg but as far afield as Haxey and Killingholme.
All local authorities face difficult decisions when it comes to spending our council tax proceeds. There's never enough to carry out every job, and you can only hope to please most of the people some of the time.
But could it be Brigg footpath repairs are not quite as high up the priority list as they used to be when the long lamented UDC (under Lindsey CC) were running the job?

2 comments:

GeorginA said...

“My name is Georgina; I had a big problem with my partner for 6 years. One day I heard my sister praising and thanking ( templeofanswer@hotmail . co . uk ) for the job well done. I called them to bring back my husband then Dr. Obodo performed his miracle and in just a day my husband came back to me and we are now happily married. If you want to change your life he is the right person to contact.phone/whatsap; +234 8155 42548-1 ,
Thanks.” – Georgina – Sydney, Australia.

Consort Plastics 2.0 Pty Ltd said...

We have the following agricultural plastic products available Silage Film / Fodder Wrap | 750 MM X 1500 M X 23 or 25 Micron (Green or White) Greenhouse sheeting (up to 10 years UV protection) Cucumber shrink