Thursday, April 09, 2020

NOT 24/7: BRIGG ROAD CLOSURE WILL BE LIMITED TO 6½ HOURS A DAY, COUNCIL STRESSES


Dozens of Brigg households will NOT be cut off 24/7, over three days, by forthcoming roadworks, as some feared.
Instead, the affected road, which offers the only vehicular access into a housing development, will be shut from 9am to 3.30pm.
Traffic will still be able to use Almond Grove outside these hours from Monday, April 20 until completion of the sewer contract on Thursday, April 23.
Prop-up signs already in place on Almond Grove (see picture above) only state there will be a road closure, without specifying the restricted hours.
Residents' concerns have been raised with Brigg Blog - the affected streets being Bramble Way, the northern half of Almond Grove, Foxglove Close, Poppyfield Way, Clover Court and Bluebell Road.
 



Some locals wondered whether these metal railings (pictured) might be removed to allow temporary access by vehicles between the development's entrance/Bramble Way to Redcombe Lane - utilising a road spur which has long been pedestrian only. This suggestion is not being taken up.
Coun Carl Sherwood (Brigg & Wolds), who is a member of the cabinet at North Lincolnshire Council, the local highway authority, contacted Brigg Blog yesterday to clarify the situation.
We offered to publicise the daily hours of closure to inform car-owning people living in this part of the town.
Coun Carl explained that procedures are in place should emergency service vehicles need to visit the closed-off streets while sewer connection work is being carried out. If this happens, the contractor will stop work and a large metal plate will be installed on Almond Grove to allow ambulance, fire or police vehicles to gain access.







It is understood the sewer work relates to a new housing development on land behind Almond Grove.



A view along Almond Grove, with one of the road closure advisory signs on the left.
 The official notice - dated April 2, 2020 - is as follows:
 
NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE COUNCIL
(Almond Grove, Brigg) (Temporary Prohibition of Traffic) Order 2020

Notice is hereby given that North Lincolnshire Council intends not less than seven days from the date of this Notice to make an Order the effect of which will be to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along Almond Grove, 20th-23rd April 2020 inclusive (but varied to take account of any unforeseen circumstances), 9am-3.30pm each day, to connect a sewer. A diversion isn’t applicable for this closure.


 

9 comments:

Ken Harrison said...

Just a question , Nige, if the sewer work relates to a new housing development, how is it prioritised$$$$$$$ as essential work?

jacob mason said...

FINALLY FREE FROM HERPES VIRUSI thought my life had nothing to offer anymore because life became meaningless to me because I had herpes virus, the symptoms became very severe and bold and made my family run from and abandoned me so they won't get infected. I gave up everything, my hope, dreams,vision and job because the doctor told me there's no cure. I consumed so many drugs but they never cured me but hid the symptoms inside me making it worse. I was doing some research online someday when I came across testimonies of some people of how DR ADIGBA cured them from herpes, I never believed at first and thought it was a joke but later decided to contact him on the details provided and when I messaged him we talked and he sent me his herbal medicine and told me to go for a test after two weeks. Within 7 days of medication the symptoms disappeared and when I went for a test Lo and behold I was NEGATIVE by the Doctor Who tested me earlier. Thank you DR ADIGBA because I forever owe you my life and I'll keep on telling the world about you. If you are going through same situation worry no more and contact DR ADIGBA via dradigba@gmail. com or WhatsApp him via +2348077875210. he is good too to cure all type of disease and virus. 1 HIV cure 2 cancer 3 diabetes 4 hepatitis 5 herpes. You can contact if you are having any problem... 

mariam lenz said...

What a great surprise to me that i was cured from herpes virus by a powerful herbal doctor, it was just like a dream to me i taught that their is no cure for herpes because for about six years i spent so much of my money in hospital but no improvement i was confuse in life until a friend of mine introduce me to this herbal doctor i contacted him (drisiborspellhome@gmail.com) 

Adamu Sandra said...

I never believed in life that I will be cured from herpes virus on till I found this great herbalist doctor called Dr Lucky with his herbs. my doctors said Herpes virus do not have medical cure because the virus is capable of hiding within the human cells, it remains protected from your immune system. Herpes isn’t a special virus – your immune system has the tools to fight it back. Cure your Herpes virus with affordable price. My doctor said there is no cure until i meet Dr Lucky This same doctor also cured my Aunty from hiv, as soon as i heard she had hepatitis, i quickly refer her to DR Lucky and she was cured too after drinking his herbs. I have referred more than 6 person to DR Lucky and they were all cured from their various illness. If you have this herpes virus I don’t think there is any need wasting money and time on medical treatment quickly contact this herbal doctor via email him; drluckyherbalcure@gmail.com Or whatsapp number; 2348154637647

Anonymous said...

I want to give a Testimony on how I got Cured From Herpes . 7 Months ago I was Diagnosed of Herpes. I was having some outbreaks. I went to see a Doctor and many Blood Tests was done on me. My Doctor told me that there’s no cure for Herpes Virus I felt bad, I went online searching for a possible cure for Herpes Virus, I saw a post of LUCKY A herbal doctor that cured someone from Herpes virus  I contacted him and told him how I’m feeling he said his herbal medicine can cure me. He sent me the medicine via Courier Service and I received the medicine some days after he sent it, i took the medicine as prescribed by him. Before the completion of the medication the symptoms stopped. I went to the Doctor and carried out another blood test, surprisingly I was Negative. I haven’t had any symptoms anymore, you can contact him Email address:_ drluckyherbalcure@gmail.com via WhatsApp; +2348154637647 !!    

Richard Debra said...

i have been suffering from a deadly disease (Hsv) for the past 3 years now, I had spent a lIot of money going from one places to another, from churches to churches, hospitals have been my home every day residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this faithful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how Dr Onokun helped someone in curing his (Hsv) herpes disease, quickly I copied his email which is Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com just to give him a test I spoke to him, he asked me to do some certain things which I did, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, then he asked me to go for medical checkup after some days after using the herbal cure, behold I was free from the deadly disease, he only asked me to post the testimony through the whole world, faithfully am doing it now, please brothers and sisters, he is great, I owe him in return. if you are having a similar problem just email him on : Dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

Crystal Bennett said...

i was cured of HERPES VIRUS by a great herbal doctor called DR Lucky with the use of different combination of Africa herbs. it is still like a dream to me. There is no word suitable enough to qualify your significant in my life dear doctor. you too can contact him for any kind of cure on his Email 📧 (drluckyherbalcure@gmail.com) or Whatsapp (+2348154637647   

Unknown said...

I Can't still believe that i got cured from Genital Herpes through herbal treatment from Dr agaba who I met through the internet, I actually couldn't believe it at first because it sounded impossible to me knowing how far I have gone just to get rid of it. Dr agaba send me his medicine which I took as instructed and here I am living a happy life once again, a big thanks to Dr agaba, I am sure there are many herbal doctors out there but Dr agaba did it for me, contact him Dragabasolutinhome@gmail.com , also call or whatsApp him on +2349074536486

Mary joe said...

Thanks to Dr Oduman he cure me of Herpes virus few weeks back.Dr Oduman treat and cure so many disease and virus with his herbal medicine.like kidney, HIV,hepatitis b ,cancer, fibroid.diabetic herpes infection.aids .enlargement prostate.low sperm count ,pregnant problem. all can of disease and virus e.t c..email. Dr Oduman via.(doctorodman836@gmail.com)contract him now on WhatsApp +2347041258702