Yarborough Hunt landlady Lucy Fensome organised this summer's event along part of Bridge Street - from the County Bridge to the junction with the A18 near her pub. And very successful it proved (see picture).
But there are now plans to extend Brigg Bike Night 2017 to the Market Place.
During its November meeting on Monday night (28th) Brigg Town Council will consider the Yarborough Hunt's request to support its application for permission to be granted by North Lincolnshire Council, the highway authority.
Bikers came from a huge area to this summer's bike night, and there was a live band concert in the Yarborough Hunt's beer garden.
Monday night's Town Council meeting, from 7.15pm in the Angel Suite, is open to interested members of the public, who can raise any issues of interest to them during Public Question Time.
AGENDA/BUSINESS TO BE TRANSACTED
1. Notice convening the meeting.
2. To Receive Apologies and Reasons for Absence
3. To Consider the suspension of the Meeting for the Purpose of Prayer.
4. a) To Record any Declarations of Interest by any member of the council in respect of the agenda items listed below. Members declaring interests should identify the Agenda Item and the type of interest being declared.
b) To note any dispensations given to any member of the council in respect of the Agenda Items listed below.
5. To Consider applications for co-option, and determine the candidate who will fill the Town Council Vacant Seat.
6. Police Matters
7. To receive any correspondence (for information only).
8. To receive the update on any outstanding issues from the Clerk.
9. Public Question Time.
10. To Receive any Questions from Members.
11. To Receive a report from the North Lincolnshire Ward Councillors.
12. a) TO RECEIVE AND APPROVE THE MINUTES, AS CIRCULATED,
OF THE FOLLOWING COMMITTEES.
i) Full Council Monday 24th October 2016.
ii) Planning & Environment Monday 24th October 2016.
13. TO RECEIVE REPORTS FROM MEMBERS DELEGATED TO SERVE ON OUTSIDE BODIES.
14. ACCOUNTS AND AUDIT
a) To Receive the following Financial Reports and Approve the Accounts for Payment: As at 31st October 2016 for Full Council and the Angel Suite
Full Council Accounts
Angel Suite Accounts
To Receive A Report On Any Outstanding Issues From The Clerk:
a) Redcombe Lane site:
i) To discuss allotment holders feedback on fencing.
b) Grammar School Road & Redcombe Lane sites:
i) To receive a report from the Clerk regarding Countryside Pest Control visits.
16. TO CONSIDER A REQUEST FROM THE YARBOROUGH HUNT TO SUPPORT THEIR APPLICATION TO NORTH LINCOLNSHIRE COUNCIL FOR THE 2017 BIKE NIGHT TO BE HELD IN THE MARKET PLACE, RATHER THAN BE CONFINED TO BRIDGE STREET.
17. TO APPROVE AND ADOPT THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:
i) Child Protection Policy
ii) Health & Safety Policy
iii) Equal Opportunities Policy
iv) Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policy
18. TO RECEIVE AN UPDATE REGARDING THE ENHANCED PLANTING SCHEME FOR THE TOWN IN 2017.
19. TO RECEIVE A VERBAL UPDATE FROM THE CHAIR OF THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
20. SIR JOHN NELTHORPE SCHOOL FOUNDATION TRUSTEES
To appoint a member to represent the Town Council on the Sir John Nelthorpe School Foundation Trustees, with effect from 20th January 2017.