Tuesday, January 13, 2015

BRIGG PUBS MISS OUT TO HAMLET HOSTELRY


Apologies to Brigg bars on Saturday night when a group of townsfolk who would have boosted   trade instead visited The Shires at Gainsthorpe, near Kirton Lindsey, having been invited to a 60th birthday party.
What a night it was! Top tunes from local singer Rachel Day (pictured above) got everyone up dancing after we'd tucked into a lovely buffet. And the beer kept flowing until the taxi arrived to take us all back home.
Worry not, Brigg landlords, normal service will be resumed this weekend!








1 comment:

Ken Harrison said...

Alas, poor Brigg! I know it well ,Nige: a place
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: it hath
borne me rounds a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here are those bar floors that I have kissed - I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? its songs? its flashes of merriment, ......try the Black Bull....

.....with apologies to Horatio in Hamlet and to Willy Shakes of Woodbine Avenue...