Saturday, October 17, 2015



North Lincolshire Council is working with British Gas and E.ON to raise awareness of how you can save money on your heating bills just in time for winter.
Do you want to reduce the cost of your heating bills? Does your house always feel cold? British Gas and E.ON can help. 
Find out more about insulating your house and other ways to keep your home warm at the British Gas energy event at Scunthorpe Central Library, Carlton Street on Friday 23 October from 10am to 2pm.
You will be able to ask them any questions and get advice on saving money, and keeping your home warm ready for cold winter months. 
British Gas is insulating millions more homes for free and could stop you wasting as much as £160 a year. The exact amount depends on your home, but to give you an idea; if you have a semi-detached home:
Without loft insulation, you could be wasting up to £140 a year (estimated by the Energy Saving Trust). Find out more at 
Without cavity wall insulation, you could be wasting up to £160 a year. 
To get free insulation from British Gas, you don’t have to be a customer and you don’t need to buy anything from them. You can even get free insulation if you’re renting, just ask your landlord first.
To benefit from free insulation call British Gas on 0800 294 0454 or visit to see if your home is eligible.
If your home is eligible, book a free survey to check if you home could benefit from free insulation. British Gas will then arrange a suitable date for approved engineers to come round and install it.
Working with E.ON, the council is offering a great deal on funding towards external wall insulation through the SHEEP (South Humber Energy Efficiency Partnership) scheme. This offer is only available for a short time, so don’t miss out. The amount of funding you receive will depend on the results of your Green Deal assessment. 
Book your free assessment now by calling E.ON on 0330 400 1727 Monday to Friday between 9am and 8pm, and Saturday 8am to 4pm.
You could also qualify for funding from E.ON for a replacement boiler if:
You’re a homeowner or rent privately from a landlord. If you rent your home, you’ll need permission from your landlord to have any of the work done. 
Someone in your home claims income related benefits, such as state pension credit or child tax credit (with a household income below £16,010). 
Your boiler was installed before 2005 and is broken or not working properly. 
To confirm your eligibility and to apply call E.ON on 0330 400 1199.
Coun John Briggs, cabinet member for Assets, Culture and Housing, said: “Heating bills can be very expensive, especially during the cold winter months, which is why we have teamed up with British Gas and E.ON to raise awareness of these great money saving schemes.
“If people’s homes aren’t insulated correctly, it can have a massive effect on how warm their home is – resulting in expensive heating bills. Make sure you take advantage of these great offers and keep your home warm this winter. 
“If you have any questions about keeping your home warm pop along to the energy event at Scunthorpe Central Library.”

No comments: