The council’s Library and Information Service is offering a free online service for people to read a range of e-books and digital magazines and is providing free workshops to help people work their way through this service.
You can access the latest magazines and a great collection of books 24 hours a day, seven days a week free through this online service.
Pick from a range of popular books including titles by M.C.Beaton, Lee Child, Hilary Mantel and Lesley Pearse, plus much more.
Choose from 40 different well-known magazines such as Beautiful Homes, Elle UK, HELLO!, Good Housekeeping, Men’s Health UK, Amateur Photographer, Marie Claire and Rolling Stone, plus many more. There is no limit on how long you can view the magazines for.
Read your favourite magazines and books on any internet enabled device, such as PCs, smartphones and tablets. You can also download them to read at another time when you don’t have access to the internet.
Take a look at the wide variety of magazines available at: www.northlincs.gov.uk/emagazines and books available at: www.northlincs.gov.uk/ebooks
All you need is a compatible device, a North Lincolnshire library card and PIN. To join the library, visit your local library or do it online at: www.northlincs.gov.uk/schools-libraries-learning/libraries/your-library/join-the-library/
Then create a Zinio online account. It is free to do this and is quick and simple to use – register today and start reading for free.
Free workshops to support you to access the digital magazines and e-books are available at libraries across North Lincolnshire. They are on:
- Tuesday 3 November at Ashby Library from 9am to 3pm
- Wednesday 4 November at Park Library from 10am to 1pm and Broughton Library from 2pm to 5pm
- Friday 6 November at Brigg Library from 9am to 3pm
- Saturday 7 November at Scunthorpe Central Library from 9am to 4pm
- Tuesday 10 November at Messingham Library from 9am to 12pm and Kirton-in-Lindsey Library from 1pm to 4pm
- Wednesday 11 November at Epworth Library from 9am to 1pm and Crowle Library from 2pm to 5pm
- Thursday 12 November at Bottesford Library from 10am to 12pm and Riddings Library from 1pm to 5pm
- Friday 13 November at Winterton Library from 10am to 3pm
- Wednesday 18 November at Barton Library from 10am to 1pm and Goxhill Library to 2pm to 5pm
- Thursday 19 November at Scunthorpe Central Library from 10am to 3pm
- Tuesday 24 November at Haxey Library from 10am to 1pm
There’s no need to book on the workshops, just turn up on the day and the friendly library staff will guide you through the e-book and digital magazine service. You will then be able to browse through the huge choice of books and magazines at your leisure.
For more information about the free online magazine service or the workshops contact North Lincolnshire Central Library on 01724 860161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Coun Carl Sherwood (Brigg & Wolds), Cabinet Member for Customer Services, Sport and Leisure, said:
“This online service is brilliant for people who read books and magazines on a daily basis. Not only is it free, but you can access it at a time to suit you. All you have to do is download your book or magazine, which you can read as much or as little as you like.
“You will be spoilt for choice with the huge array of books and magazines on offer. If you feel like you need some guidance in using this online service, pop along to one of our workshops. Our library staff will be on-hand to offer advice and show you how to navigate through the service.”